Screen tearing in menus still not solved? (RPI4)

• Hi there.

I'd like to know if the screen tearing in the menus have been solved. I have booted my rpi4 up with the latest official librelec and to my horror I can see that it still tears in the menus. Am I doing something wrong? I thought this would surely be a priority and fixed by now (No, I cannot contribute as I am not a programmer). I have tried to search for an answer but I seem to only find the good old threads from 18 months ago or so.

Is there a fix to this? Has development stopped? Should I get another board instead?

• Perhaps a more detailed description / link to screenshot or video should be shared. I can't imagine what do you mean as on my RPi 4B (even with 1 GB RAM) with latest official LE 9.2.6 I have never seen anything like "tears in the menus".

Maybe you have a very cheap / bad / incompatible SD card?

• I thought this would surely be a priority and fixed by now

The problem is that just waving a wand and casting an anti-screentear spell as a quick fix isn't possible at the moment. Sorry.

Overall progress has been slower than expected due to various reasons, and we're also dependant on the RPi programmers.

Is there a fix to this? Has development stopped? Should I get another board instead?

Not yet AFAIK / No / Well, since you are currently unhappy with the RPi... why not?

Is the screen tear problem only in 4K resolution?

• Screen tearing is a known issue with the FKMS driver used in 9.2, it's fixed in LE10 nightly builds which uses the KMS driver that doesn't have that issue.

so long,

Hias

• I tried upgrading and thankfully the tearing was gone. Sadly most of my favorite apps didn't work, suddenly there were audio/video sync issues and random crashes. I tried to downgrade and of course it broke the rest of my apps. These are probably among the reasons this isn't official yet :)

The joy of homebrew for the casual end user - it's awesome and it sucks at the same time, the possibilities are endless and so are the bugs. I still prefer it to a closed system curated by a corporation.

Keep up the good work - I look forward to the next stable version :)