can't see exfat us drive

• Hi I'm new to libreelec and kodi, installed it on a raspberry pi 2. Everything works fine, except for one thing : the usb drive with my media on it does not want to mount.

It's a Seagate 1 TB drive. I've formatted it with exfat and it's visible on mac and windows. But when I hook it up to the PI it does not seem to get auto-mounted, nor do I see anything like /dev/sda1 or sdb1...

Are external usb disks normally automounted, or do I need to do this myself ?

Any hints on what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do ?

Thanks,

Al

• Linux can be quircky with drives that have errors, or are not unmounted properly.
    If you can use SSH to dive into LibreELEC, plug in your drive and give the results of the following commands:

Code
    blkid | pastebinit
    mount | pastebinit
  • Thank you for the tip, but after posting this I actually listened to my drives (I tested a few).

Each of the drives attempted to spin up but never got so far.

So my guess is that the PI2 is not delivering enough power to the usb drives.

Once I find a drive that is actually working with it, I will check again.

Alex

• Don't ever consider the Raspberry Pi being a reliable power source. Its own power adapter can have too much on its own plate already. Always use a separate powered USB hub for external drives.