Raspberry 4 1GB + LibreELEC poor performance

• Hi everyone and a happy new year!

I read a lot and searched everywhere to find a solution to my problem, without success..

So before I buy a new RPi, I wanted to try asking here for help.

I installed LibreELEC on my raspberry via PINN. It is the lates version 9.2.6 with Kodi 18.9.

My Raspberry is the 1GB version, 4th Gen.

I'm running PINN to have RetroPie and LibreELEC both as a dual boot system. RetroPie is running like a charm, without any issues at all.

I tried installing only LibreELEC before, multiple times, with the provided official image for the RPi4. I always ran into the same issues:

Very low performance on menus, lagging and freezing of the screen whenever there was a fast switch of pages. Fast selecting through the library leads to a system crash, LibreELEC just reboots.

I don't know what else to check. I did multiple fresh installs, I have some RPi3 running, never had any issues with them at all.

Maybe you have an idea what to check. The log files don't show any major issues as far as I can tell. If necessary, I can post a pastebin link here.

I hope some of you got some good hints how I could accomplish a smooth running experience on the RPi4 as I experienced for years with my RPi3 already.

Thanks in advance!

aggrolite

• Very low performance on menus, lagging and freezing of the screen whenever there was a fast switch of pages. Fast selecting through the library leads to a system crash, LibreELEC just reboots.

Something must be borking your Kodi experience. Perhaps PINN is acting up.

Provide the full Kodi log file anyway, via pastebin, as we have no crystal ball here.

• That was a fast answer. I don't think PINN is the problem here, as it was the same with a standalone image before. But who knows, I might be wrong :)

This is one log: ix.io/2L6r

This one is another, more detailed, running during some library sync actions but I couldn't upload it to pastebin, it's too large..
    Microsoft OneDrive – Greifen Sie überall auf Dateien zu. Erstellen Sie Dokumente mit der kostenlosen Office Online-Anwendung.

It couldn't connect to wifi from the start on, I had to connect manually from the settings. That's why there are some errors after the start I guess.

• I'll try that. But the issue really is, that the whole system is so slow. It also happens when scrolling fast through the items that it restarts directly. I don't have any idea why that happens. Are there any issues with early RPi4 models?

• Are there any issues with early RPi4 models?

Not that I'm aware of. Also, "The whole system" being slow is a kind of difficult to grasp.

Why not try a new setup with LibreELEC only, without PINN on a different Class10 or better SDcard. And no add-ons installed, just a couple of videos on the SDcard as well, and/or via a network connection. I'd like to hear where the whole slowness comes from.

• RPi4 with 1GB is quite short on memory, if you experience Kodi crashes when navigating through pictures or movie library you may need to tweak GPU and CMA memory - search the forum, this has been asked (and answered) a couple times before.

so long,

Hias

• Thanks for your replies. I'll try installing plain LibreELEC without PINN again, it didn't seem to have a better performance when i tried this before. Who knows, maybe it works out with a better sd card.

Adjusting the memory split is a good hint, I'll try that as well.

Thanks guys!