No Sound Via HDMI Cable

• So I bought a Roku Ultra, returned it because I did not like the lack of some functions... I used a Pi 4 (4gig) and installed the latest Libreelec and did all the setup. Nothing I can do will get sound via HDMI on any TV I have (5 btw).... I made sure that pass through was working.. but I cannot find where to change any more SOUND settings.. I probably am just over looking it but I CANNOT find it. I joined the official Facebook Page.. and all I got was a smart assed answer. So can some developer help me here?

Thank you,

Kenn

• Thanks for the suggestions.. it is an HDMI 2.0 cable and I get video output to my TV.. but no sound no matter what I do.. is there a secret sound menu I cannot seem to find?

Thanks...

K

• I made sure that pass through was working.. but I cannot find where to change any more SOUND settings..

Go to Settings -> System -> Audio -> Audio output device and make sure it's set to "PI: HDMI" or "PI: HDMI and Analogue".

For testing disable "Allow passthrough", which is only needed if the output device should decode the audio.

Use "PI: HDMI and Analogue" to activates the analogue jack of the RPi, and test it with your headphones.

• Also for Analogue output might be necessary (perhaps it depends on LE version) to add this to /flash/config.txt file:

# Enable audio jack output

dtparam=audio=on

BTW. in latest LE 9.80 nightly which is using ALSA drivers the Audio output device configuration is a bit different from latest LE 9.2.6 official and AFAIK it does not allow output to Analogue ( = bcm2835 Headphones) jack and to HDMI at the same time anymore.

Edited once, last by ghtester (December 17, 2020 at 1:36 AM).