MP4 file playing issue from USB drive

• MP4 files are not playing properly from USB drives. The exact same file would play much better directly from the SD drive. This issue is very clear for HD MP4 which are 720p or 1080p. I get a green screen, ghost artifacts, sync issues, longer loading time etc. Youtube plugin videos have similar issues as well.
    I read the forum and others had similar issues with playing MP4 files from USB drive. For some people it plays audio only etc. Tweaking the "hardware acceleration" and unchecking omxplayer acceleration fixed some issues, but not all. Some people had permissions issue for MP4 files as well which were fixed by using chmod.
    BTW, I am using Raspberry Pi Zero with Raspbian Jessie Lite for this experiment and downloaded the latest Kodi Jarvis V16 which came from the pipplware.pplware.pt repository. Jessie LITE does not auto-mount USB or anything.
    V16 from pipplware is much better than Kodi V15 which can be obtained directly from doing a regular apt-get from Jessie LITE without adding the pipplware.pplware.pt repository. V16 from pipplware.pplware.pt repository plays MP4 better, but, not as good as the standalone Kodi/Libreelec release specially made for Rpi0 with minimal OS.
    So, the Jessie LITE with KODI Jarvis V16 obtained by doing a "apt-get" from pipplware.pplware.pt is better than V15 but not as good as the latest KODI standalone for RPi0.
    Now back to the original issue:
    Since the exact same file plays better from the SD card than the USB drive, is it a USB card vs. SD card data I/O "speed" issue or am I mounting the USB drive wrong? Have you seen this issue? Any fix?
    I added the following to \etc\fstab and I did not use UUID because I use many random USB drives and hubs where UUID changes.

Code
    /dev/sda1  /mnt/usb1  vfat  nofail,auto,noatime,rw,user   0   0
    /dev/sda2  /mnt/usb2  vfat  nofail,auto,noatime,rw,user   0   0

I also did the following:
    sudo chown -R pi:pi /mnt/usb1 (repeated this for both /mnt/usb1 and /mnt/usb2)
    sudo chmod -R 777 /mnt/usb1 (repeated for both usb1 and usb2)
    sudo setfacl -Rdm g:pi:rwx /mnt/usb1 (repeated for both usb1 and usb2)
    sudo setfacl -Rm g:pi:rwx /mnt/usb1 (repeated for both usb1 and usb2)

AVI plays OK. MKV is OK most of the time depends on CODEC used.

Edited once, last by kmihmisc (November 4, 2016 at 9:15 PM).

• A question for you: What does Raspbian Jessie Lite or Pipplware have to do with LibreELEC?

I thought that info maybe useful for debugging. I removed Kodi/LibreElec V15 and installed V16 which is not officially available for Raspbian Jessie Lite. Someone setup the Pipplware repository and created the Kodi/LibreElec V16 package. These are important information to know if you are seriously trying to troubleshoot. I am hoping actual Kodi/LibreElec developers are reading this forum.

Edited once, last by kmihmisc (November 5, 2016 at 3:42 AM).

• Someone setup the Pipplware repository and created the Kodi/LibreElec V16 package.

You need to understand that LibreELEC is an operating system designed to run Kodi, but the LE developers are not the Kodi developers. Any Kodi packages you install on a different operating system have nothing to do with LibreELEC.

• Thanks. I'll send you the info in a few days.

My apologies for the delay. My day job kept me very busy. I have a few kodi log files. The location of my kodi log files are different than the regular location because I am running LibreElec from Raspberry Lite (please see my initial/original post for update details).
    3 kodi.log files are attached.
    kodi.log is from user root.
    kodi.old.log is from user pi and username was changed to kodi.
    userpi.kodi.log is from user pi and username was changed to kodi

• My apologies for the delay. My day job kept me very busy. I have a few kodi log files. The location of my kodi log files are different than the regular location because I am running LibreElec from Raspberry Lite (please see my initial/original post for update details).
    3 kodi.log files are attached.
    kodi.log is from user root.
    kodi.old.log is from user pi and username was changed to kodi.
    userpi.kodi.log is from user pi and username was changed to kodi

I uploaded the log files as requested. Any fix?

• It's not even running LibreELEC

I am running Raspbian Jessie LITE with KODI Jarvis V16 updated by doing a "apt-get" from pipplware.pplware.pt. I was under the impression that the people who wrote LibreElec were also involved in the KODI / Raspberry Jessie Lite project. Please correct me if I am wrong. Is this an issue that should be reviewed by the Raspberry Jessie LITE or KODI project developers?

• I am running Raspbian Jessie LITE with KODI Jarvis V16 updated by doing a "apt-get" from pipplware.pplware.pt. I was under the impression that the people who wrote LibreElec were also involved in the KODI / Raspberry Jessie Lite project. Please correct me if I am wrong. Is this an issue that should be reviewed by the Raspberry Jessie LITE or KODI project developers?

There are a small number of people who are members of both project teams. However you are in the LibreELEC forum where we discuss and take interest in "Kodi on LibreELEC" issues. If you want support for "Kodi on something else" the questions belong in the Kodi or the other distros' support forum (Kodi's would be my recommendation). It's not that we're trying to be difficult .. I'm one of the 3-4 people who sits in both teams and I've never booted anything but LibreELEC on pi hardware or installed Debian on anything else, so I'd suck at guessing what your Jessie Light problem is.