[HELP REQ] How to implement DSP/xovering inside LE ?

• Hi everyone, I own an Amlogic S912-based (2/16) box that I would like to use as "multimedia server" for both audio and video playing.

Since I'm a "stereo-fan", I always dreamed to actively drive my 3-ways speakers through a multichannel amplifier (I own a Yamaha RX-V663).

I recently found this interesting project that realizes an active DSP/Xovering "music server" using a Raspberry Pi 2, so I'm curious to know if is possible (and someone is able) to implement it inside LE:

Raspberry Pi Music Server With Built-in Crossover and DSP : 12 Steps (with Pictures) - Instructables

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

• It's not just you don't have "apt-get" on LE, you also have to hack the kernel:

The next step is the part where we hack the kernel! This is what's going to enable us to get 8 channels of sweet, sweet, high resolution audio out of the Pi via HDMI.

The answer is: yes, it's possible - if you're an Amlogic kernel hacker. I don't think somebody else will do that work for you, because it's so unusual. Your question assumes that you are no kernel hacker. So my advice is to buy an RPi, follow the instructions and don't use LE.

PS: HiassofT currently builds an audio-optimized LE for RPi4. If you're very lucky, he could help you, but surely not on Amlogic.

• Thanks for your explainations, seems that kernel hacks are somewhat difficoult on RPi too (that, of course, I recently buyed).

Anyway it would be great to "evolve" the LE audio side too, that could let users to exploit their box for "audiophile" purposes too.

• You can expect a lot more progress on RPi hardware, if you search for audiophile features.

I suggest to use Kodi on Raspbian at the moment. If you autostart Kodi on it, you maybe get what you want. Additionally use a second microSD for LE's experimental audiophile builds. Fortunately it's pretty easy to switch to another OS by simply replacing the microSD.