Wetek play 2 build

• Use the "box" image if the vendor u-boot (factory image) is still installed on eMMC and set the dtb name in uEnv.ini. The "wetek-play2" image requires the box to be boot using upstream/mainline u-boot on an SD card.

• I have Wetek Play2.

eMMC = weos android 3.2

Sd = coreelec 9.2

I want install libreelec 10.80 to eMMC and I want use Coreelec from SD. If possible, how is it done? I need a simple tutorial. (A step-by-step explanation)

If not possible, how do I install libreelec 10.80 to sd card?

I want to use the version here: https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/

Edited 3 times, last by esrefasaf (December 23, 2021 at 11:16 PM).

• esrefasaf You can write the LE "box" image to an SD card, edit the name of dtb to use in uEnv.ini, and then boot the box. It is not currently possible to install mainline kernel LE images to the eMMC storage. In the long term I'd like to fix that with an image that run mainliine u-boot from eMMC (completely erasing/replacing the vendor u-boot code) but that still needs development and a eureka moment.

NB: The images in my LE share may have an issue with hardware decoding at the moment, and I'm not able to investigate it properly until I get home after New Year, so you may find you can install/boot but not play much.

• chewitt thanks. I worked LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.80.0-box from sd. And installed tvheadend. But not show dvb adapter. I need crazycat driver. Where can I download?

Is this (LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.80.0-wetek-play2) not working?

Edited 2 times, last by esrefasaf (December 25, 2021 at 3:09 PM).

• chewitt thanks. I worked LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.80.0-box from sd. And installed tvheadend. But not show dvb adapter. I need crazycat driver. Where can I download?

I don't enable the crazycat drivers in the image because I'm almost always running a kernel that's too new for them to be supported, so USB devices that have upstream kernel support are the only ones that will work. There is also no support for the internal DVB cards in the WP2; the tuner and demo drivers exist (out of tree) but someone needs to write a new V4L2 demux driver before those can be used, and I'm not aware of any one working on that.

• I don't enable the crazycat drivers in the image because I'm almost always running a kernel that's too new for them to be supported, so USB devices that have upstream kernel support are the only ones that will work. There is also no support for the internal DVB cards in the WP2; the tuner and demo drivers exist (out of tree) but someone needs to write a new V4L2 demux driver before those can be used, and I'm not aware of any one working on that.

Thanks chewitt . I need wetek internal dvb tuner supports on Kodi with python 3. Are there any images can you recommend to me?

I'm looking for advice from other forum members as well.

• I need wetek internal dvb tuner supports on Kodi with python 3. Are there any images can you recommend to me?

You need an image with the Amlogic 3.14 kernel for tuners support, and Matrix for Python3 support, and AFAIK the CE images that support Matrix and Python3 are all using the Amlogic 4.9 kernel, which because it was "reworked" by Amlogic for GXL and newer devices has some breakage for GXBB (S905) hardware like the WP2. It's the classic problem with vendor-hacked BSP codebases; they don't need to consider backwards compatibility when supporting the next generation. NB: I don't pay attention to CE images though so I'm not sure how accurate that info is (better to ask them, not me). LE official images stopped at 9.0.2 (K17) although there are community created images equivalent to 9.2 available here in the forums, but once you go to K19/K20 and Python3 the kernels go upstream where the tuner drivers are missing.

• I tried this image (LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.80.0-box.img.gz) today on one of my Wetek Play2 (I own two). It worked better than I expected from an early alpha build. I played video from an SMB share and I connected the PVR client to the TV headend server on my other Wetek Play2 (CoreElec 9.2.8). So there is hope I still can re-use my Wetek Play 2 after something will break in CoreElec 9.2.8.

chewitt :
    Do you expect it will get mature enough for an official LibreElec 11.x release?

If yes, I need an alternative solution to the not more supported internal tuner (I assume the chance that someone ports the driver for the internal DVB-S2 tuner is relatively small) so there are two options:

a) Run both boxes, one still on CoreElec and use the TVHeadend server from this box

b) Use an USB DVB-S2 Tuner (e.g. Haupauge https://www.hauppauge.de/site/products/data_nova-s2.html)

a) For this I assume the TVHeadened box should run 24/7 in the background, which I do not like (unnecessary additional power consumption). Both boxes react on the same IR control, so I assume it would be complicated to switch both on together, but furtheremore control only the new Kodi box

So maybe b) is the better alternative?

• If the current (hopefully temporary) issue with hardware decode is resolved I would like to resume releases for LE11 - there are still some bits missing but particularly with older GXBB/GXL/GXM hardware (which has less features to miss) it's more than usable.

I haven't seen much progress with internal DVB driver support. Availink are still tinkering with their demod driver, but most tuner drivers are out-of-tree and horrific code which will be a drag on attempts to upstream anything, and I'm not aware of anyone thinking about the missing V4L2 demux driver.

CE + TVH can work, and the IR situation is easily solved with some tape over the problem IR sensor once setup has been done. If not that, I'd go with the USB Hauppage route; their cards have well maintained upstream drivers so are low-drama.

• chewitt. I have been using my WP2 for a few years with little problem. Didn't manage to get the dvbt tuner to work so gave up on it. So will the 'box' LE matrix version work ok...I think some add-on fail to update due to maybe Python 3 support lacking in LE 18.x. I'd like to move to matrix and don't really want to replace the WP2.

Booting from SD card fine for me...that's the way I've used LE for ever....