Posts by 2Old2Slow

chewitt Do you have an earlier Matrix box version...seems some of my matrix addons don't show up in this Kodi 20 alpha version. Android Kodi 19.3 on my shield works fine.

I guess its the 9.80.x 'box' image I need based on a previous post you made here...or wait for the addons to be made compatible.

chewitt I'm a ninny went back through this thread and I managed to miss the .dtb renaming step...renamed to correct meson filename and bingo worked without needing toothpick...thank you for all the hard work to keep this box working.

chewitt Hi, so I've tried a few times downloaded the LGX box image a couple of times in case it was corrupt but can't get the WP2 into recovery made via toothpick method...it will go into recovery mode from the Android install in eMMc but that doesn't help me.

So once I plug in the power and release the pin after 10 seconds it sits there cycling with nothing on the screen other than the TV recognising a source on and off...never gets to the recovery script.

Any ideas?

I probably should know this but what is the LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.85.0-wetek-play2.img.gz in your testing area used for? Or is that the full eMMc image?

Ok so I attempted to boot the 'box' image after using the cd creator to create the bootable Sd card...but it doesn't seem to want to boot...I'll keep trying...or go the other route maybe...thanks for your patience with me....

chewitt sorry just another hopefully not too dumb question. If installing the 'box' version to get basic matrix support, is there any file renaming/editing required to make it boot from standard SD card....? I note there was something posted re storage naming...unsure if that is required for SD card boot...sorry.

chewitt. I have been using my WP2 for a few years with little problem. Didn't manage to get the dvbt tuner to work so gave up on it. So will the 'box' LE matrix version work ok...I think some add-on fail to update due to maybe Python 3 support lacking in LE 18.x. I'd like to move to matrix and don't really want to replace the WP2.

Booting from SD card fine for me...that's the way I've used LE for ever....

Hi guys...I've been running an early (8.0.2cs) version of Libreelec on my play 2 since some time in 2016 without issue. It failed yesterday with 'system broken beyond repair' msg. Its been running fine from a 16GB SD card and I think the card has failed. So I was wondering, as I don't have a functional SD card available (plenty of fakes though lol all refunded which was good) I was wondering if the Play 2 can boot into LE from a USB memory stick. I have the USB SD creator tool and 8.2.5 of LE for the Wetek Play2....

Graeme