Beelink MiniMXII NAND Bricket?

• First thanks a lot for this great work here. Libreelec runs really good on this "cheap boxes" and the community here and on kodi is more than great.
    But now i did i mistake on update progress.
    I had Version 7.0.2.007 running on NAND and wanted to upgrade to the new Version 8. So i put the img.gz file and the devicetree gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb
    renamed to dtb.img in the update folder. Now my box won't boot and after the 120 Seconds autorepair, there is a message that tells me to install LE again. I tried allready to install the original FW via SD Card, the SD Card Version of LE, The Original FW with the LE update, but nothing worked. Did i brick the box? It seems that the NAND is corrupt now (because of the wrong devicetree? ) I'll buy the special USB A to USB A cable to try it with the Amlogic tool this weekend, but if there's another solution would be great to hear about.
    Sorry for my english :shy:

• device_trees
    You got the tree from above link ?
    Your device is ?
    Your Chip Is ? S905 OR S905X

• If you have a device with non-standard partition layout and have LE installed to internal memory, you have to perform a clean install.

Edited once, last by kostaman (November 4, 2016 at 9:20 AM).

• device_trees
    You got the tree from above link ?
    Your device is ?
    Your Chip Is ? S905 OR S905X

• If you have a device with non-standard partition layout and have LE installed to internal memory, you have to perform a clean install.

Yes that's the link i've dowmloaded the tree
    My device is Beelink Mini MXIII with the S905
    Thanks, i haven't really read this.. :sleepy:

Do you think there is a way to get the box work again ?

Edited once, last by Slaytanic (November 4, 2016 at 9:33 AM).

• Thank you. I can't see the box on the network and i allready tried a fresh install, but i guess because the NAND install the box tries to boot from the Nad and there is my corrupt devicetree, so i'm in kind of a boot loop.

• Thank you. I can't see the box on the network and i allready tried a fresh install, but i guess because the NAND install the box tries to boot from the Nad and there is my corrupt devicetree, so i'm in kind of a boot loop.

Do you have a Beelink branded Mxiii or black no branded box ?
    If it is the un branded just black box with no Beelink written on it use the following.
    Original Device tree from link 5 below. And a recovery image from my cloud account.
    These files should get you into recovery via toothpick method with the files on an sd card.
    Once this is done pull sd card out and install LE ON SD CARD VERSION. (choose update from sd card)
    Then you can test and use installtointernal command.

recovery image: MEGA

• This is a known issue when upgrading from 007, MXIII had a non standard partition on 007 which kszaq corrected on 008.

Knowing so the way i upgraded was by flashing the image onto a usb key and booting LE via toothpick, then used installtointernal, you may need to do this twice.

Make sure to use the usb port next to the SD card , LE should boot from SD as well but USB was easier for me.

Tip: I had the recovery image on a SD card so it kept booting into recovery instead of LE when booting via toothpick. So make a fresh sd/usb and remove any other storage devices and make sure you dont have the Android dtb or recovery on the LE SD/USB

Edited once, last by JonSnow (November 5, 2016 at 3:44 AM).

• This is a known issue when upgrading from 007, MXIII had a non standard partition on 007 which kszaq corrected on 008.

That explains why i didn't have an issue when i jumped from .007 to DEV Build 18th October and tree .008 14th 0ctober

• Thanks guys. I have the branded beelink.
    I putted the recovery file and the devictree from beeelink on SD card and the box booted into recocery mode, then i did the update from sd card with LE Version 007. now the Box works again with LE 007 from NAND.

• That explains why i didn't have an issue when i jumped from .007 to DEV Build 18th October and tree .008 14th 0ctober

1. You probably didn't use gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dtb which kszaq created for the MXIII on 007. He clearly states this in 008 OP, that some devices that do not follow the standard partition need to be flashed fresh hense the reason why the special MXIII dtb is not available with the release of 008.
    2. If I'm not mistaken you have the all black Mini MX and not the MXIII, i have the beelink branded MXIII just like OP and had the exact issue as OP if you go read the first few pages of 008.

Just because you upgraded without issues does not mean everyone will have the same flawless results.
    [hr]

Thanks guys. I have the branded beelink.
    I putted the recovery file and the devictree from beeelink on SD card and the box booted into recocery mode, then i did the update from sd card with LE Version 007. now the Box works again with LE 007 from NAND.

But your going to have the same issues when upgrading to future releases if you used gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dtb instead of gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb from 007.

Also why didnt you just flash 008 instead when flashing from recovery?

Edited once, last by JonSnow (November 5, 2016 at 6:14 PM).

• If I'm not mistaken you have the all black Mini MX and not the MXIII

Correct. I have seen confusion with these boxes. I have no idea what to call my box as others call them Beelink MiniMx g because of the 2g/16g. I think naming the Beelink box would eliminate the confusion with these boxes. Not using Beelink for the un branded box is also a good idea. I pointed to the Device trees from 14th October. Dev. (device_trees) as i wasn't sure of the box.

Also why didnt you just flash 008 instead when flashing from recovery?

I also don't understand why he didn't do that.

• Correct. I have seen confusion with these boxes. I have no idea what to call my box as others call them Beelink MiniMx g because of the 2g/16g. I think naming the Beelink box would eliminate the confusion with these boxes. Not using Beelink for the un branded box is also a good idea. I pointed to the Device trees from 14th October. Dev. (device_trees) as i wasn't sure of the box.

I also don't understand why he didn't do that.

Because i didn't realize that's a problem of these devictree from 007, sorry. sometimes it's hard to understand every detail in english :s
    But now i have 009 on sd card running with a fresh install on my branded beelink.
    Thanks again for your great support here and sorry for thr beginner questions :angel: