7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• When I tried the HDMI output device with the v007 version, that didn't work.

Are you sure that the HDMI device selection will output in parallel to the optical SP-DIF ?

I am not sure that's why I ask you to try. If it didn't work with .007, it won't work with .008 - there was no change in how audio works. I will try to add SPDIF output for the next devel build but you (or someone else) will have to test and tell me if it works. ;)

• I am not sure that's why I ask you to try. If it didn't work with .007, it won't work with .008 - there was no change in how audio works. I will try to add SPDIF output for the next devel build but you (or someone else) will have to test and tell me if it works. ;)

I just tested and sure that if you select HDMI output, SPDIF will output at the same time. I can select either HDMI or Optical Input from my AV receiver and both got audio. It started from the very beginning when Kodi runs on Android TV box.

• Hi, latest devel runs perfect fluid {T95x, s905x, 2G/8G)! :)

Only Live TV has repeatedly buffer drops now :( vq dropping under 0 and rebuffering starts (vdr backend with vnsi addon)

All other Videos run synced, although I didn't test enhanced videos.

The t95x only has hdmi and analog audio sadly. Hdmi works fine (connected receiver to digital out from TV, as it has no hdmi input, so I have audio over TV and receiver). Sadly, the analog audio out isn't working!

So, fixing TV buffering and analog audio and all would be fine :)

Nice work !!!

• The sync issues are already solved here. Thanks kszaq.

But now, the first TV channel that I open, it takes about 6 seconds more compared to version 007.

I have the same issue. With todays devel, opening TV channels from the remote tvheadend server now takes quite a long time. I do not watch much live tv, so I can live with it. It was much faster in 007 and the pre-008 devel builds.

• Thank you everyone for testing the devel build. In 2016-10-18 build removed hardware demux patch and added a change to allow playing very high bitrate videos.

Now let's try another dev build that has both: hardware demux buffering and a fix for high bitrate stuttering. I believe it also has no video/audio sync issue but I leave it for you to evaluate:
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161018215738-r23396-g605a453.img.gz

People with "back key" issue can also try this, I think I finally fixed it - forgive me as I'm still learning sed. :D

• Hello, thanks for the fixes.

I installed with USB and it works great. I have problem installing to NAND:

##############################################
    # LibreELEC #
    # LibreELEC – Just enough OS for KODI #
    ##############################################

LibreELEC (community) Version: devel-20161018160755-r23394-g4208031
    LibreELEC git: 4208031a686d36edf2de9f2fbbec662f55eccf51
    beelink:~ # installtointernal
    This script will erase BOOT, SYSTEM, DATA and DTB on your device
    and install LE that you booted from SD card/USB drive.

It will create a backup of device tree and recovery partition on your boot media.

The script does not have any safeguards!

Type "yes" if you know what you are doing or anything else to exit: yes
    Backing up device tree...done.
    Backing up recovery partition...done.
    Backing up remote.conf...mount: mounting /dev/system on /tmp/system failed: Invalid argument
    umount: can't unmount /tmp/system: Invalid argument
    done.
    Writing kernel image...done.
    Formatting SYSTEM partition...done.
    Copying SYSTEM files...done.
    Writing device tree image...done.
    Formatting DATA partition...done.
    All done! Rebooting in 10s...

When reboot, it doesn't show nothing in the HDMI input. I need to install again by USB.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks and regards.

• The t95x only has hdmi and analog audio sadly. Hdmi works fine (connected receiver to digital out from TV, as it has no hdmi input, so I have audio over TV and receiver). Sadly, the analog audio out isn't working!

So, fixing TV buffering and analog audio and all would be fine :)

I'm afraid analog audio on S905X may be a bit tricky: S905X have a special "sound card" in chip that takes care of analog audio and I disabled it to make multichannel PCM and HD Audio work. I will need to see if there is a way to have both enabled. With S905 this is not an issue and as far as I know analog output should work.
    [hr]

When reboot, it doesn't show nothing in the HDMI input. I need to install again by USB.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks and regards.

Your log shows that there is an issue with mounting system partition. Can you post dmesg | paste - collect it right after boot.

Edited once, last by kszaq (October 18, 2016 at 9:44 PM).

• Thank you everyone for testing the devel build. In 2016-10-18 build removed hardware demux patch and added a change to allow playing very high bitrate videos.

Now let's try another dev build that has both: hardware demux buffering and a fix for high bitrate stuttering. I believe it also has no video/audio sync issue but I leave it for you to evaluate:

People with "back key" issue can also try this, I think I finally fixed it - forgive me as I'm still learning sed. :D

Hi kszaq,

Don't have any high bitrate videos but the a/v is still in synch with this build :)

This one looks good. No more audio/video sync issues on my side. :)

Channel switching was faster in 007, though.

Here, Live TV is perfect. The opening of the first channel is so fast as zapping the channels. And the sync is still perfect.

Thank you very much kszaq. Great Work!

Thanks kszaq!

Works very well on my X96 S905x 2G/16G. No audio/video sync issues. No high bitrate stuttering

The only problem (that isn't really a problem) is no Bluetooth found for my box's variant of hardware. Wifi works like a champion though.

Thanks again! :D

• I have two Beelink Mini MX 1G/8G that I purchased almost a year ago. The bluetooth has never worked on either device. It shows disabled in LibreELEC. Kszaq, do you have any idea why it is not working?

• I have two Beelink Mini MX 1G/8G that I purchased almost a year ago. The bluetooth has never worked on either device. It shows disabled in LibreELEC. Kszaq, do you have any idea why it is not working?

Have you enabled it ? It is disabled by default.
    In LE Configurations.

• Which one are you using now (I have the same box)? Is audio passthrough working OK?