Help, I'm stuck with retroarch and emulationstation on RPI4B​

• Hi,

Very sorry if already asked but I doesn't find similar problem on the forum.

Before to begin, here my configuration and what I do:

- Raspberry Pi 4B 2Gb (new)

- SD 32 Gb Samsung (new too)

- External USB HardDisk for all médias (movies, games, ...)

I've writed the image of LibreElec 9.2.6 (RPI4) on a new SD card and started my raspberry with it.

About LibreElec all is perfect, I've added some addons for Tv Stream (inputStream Adaptive, VCR, ...) and all is working fine. All my movies are detected by the system and I can show direct TV legally.

After that, I've tried to install RetroArch and EmulationStation (for my childs) and that's where the nightmare begin !

I followed this thread: stock-libreelec-and-retro-gaming and precisely the post #16 of @robmcc83 (thanks to him) which explain how to install and configure Retroarch.

All was done so I tried to launch RetroArch and simply when navigating in the menu Retroarch exit to Kodi (by example I click on Settings then on Directory and this is the end !).

I've restarted many times to check and it's systemic !

I would like to configure Retroarch to set my bios and ROM on my usb Hard Drive but I can't ! And of course I don't show any way to launch any game with RetroArch ...

On the same thread, robmcc83 explain (post #18) how to install and configure EmulationStation. Again, I've followed all his explainations.

After all was configured, I've tried to start Emulation, I just show the logo then directly it restart KODI interface.

So I'm unable to start EmulationStation too ...

Is there anything I missed ?

Is anybody else is facing this problem ?

Can anybody help me ?

I've some notion of linux system and can perform a list of command shell if needed.

Thank you for your help !

Fonzy44

Edited once, last by fonzy44 (November 27, 2020 at 9:59 AM).