OpenAuto for Raspberry 2 - 3 - 4

• Hi All,

I really want to make openauto works in my Raspberry pi 3 with Libreelec within my car.

I wan to contribute compiling it, but I am really lost is this task. Do you have an easy tutorial to make it possible? I have reading about proyect and it needs to compile before the AASDK

GitHub - f1xpl/aasdk: Library to build AndroidAuto headunit emulator

Then needs to compile de OpenAuto.

GitHub - f1xpl/openauto: AndroidAuto headunit emulator

Idea is to make working my Kodi on car, and make works OpenAuto together to connect my Android Phone to push apps in same screen with success.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot.

• Hi,

OpenAuto Image for Raspberry is non-free, OpenAuto app source is free to compile and use. Ain't no Openauto free to download image, that's the reason why...

PD. I tried to install OpenAuto on Raspbian, but no success, so hard to compile for me. I tried to install Kodi on Raspbian, well, it works, but Kodi doesn't works with HD channels on new Raspberry pi TV DVB hat. Libreelec works with HD channels on my DVB RAspberry pi tv hat...

• The only one distro with OpenAuto inside is Cranckshaft which has a readonly FS. Yes you can make some tricks in order to bypass this, but... Why Libreelec can't get an addon for it? This is the goal of a Forum? "let any other distro do this"... I think Libreelec can do many things in same scenario.. Why not? Kodi for every car!

• Why Libreelec can't get an addon for it?

Our software is "open source", so everyone can contribute.

We have no magic wand with which we can create new add-ons.

Also, teams LibreELEC and Kodi have enough to deal with already.