Issue with Raspberry Pi 400

• Hello! I've been playing around with Kodi on a Raspberry Pi 4 in various guises.

I have a USB-3 SSD which boots to Twister OS and I have Kodi installed with plugins for emby and IPTV. I'd also been playing around with a mSD running LibreELEC and Kodi doing pretty much the same thing. They were both running Leia, but I can't remember exactly which version.

I managed to pick up a Pi 400 and assumed I could just connect the SSD or mSD and it would work in the same way, but when I start Kodi on Twister OS I get a black screen with the small white flashing cursor in the top left corner and the only way I can find to escape that is a power-cycle.

The mSD with LibreELEC won't even boot.

Anyone else had similar problems with a Pi 400? Thanks

• Thank you for being our 1st guinea pig on using the RPi-400. Unfortunately we already noticed that the current LibreELEC releases will not work OOTB for your new toy. The 400 does have an upgraded and somewhat different chip. Wifi/BT is not likely to work now.

You need to at least manually upgrade the firmware with the very latest of RPi kernel and USB3 due to the current kernel used in LE: 4.x.

The RPi-400 will be fully supported OOTB with LibreELEC 10+.

Never mind... Apparently you couldn't wait for an answer on the Kodi forum.

• Sorry, I wasn't sure if it was Kodi, LibreELEC or RPi issue so thought I'd ask in a few places. I wasn't sure how joined up these things were.

Thanks for your reply. At least I know my Pi 400 isn't the problem and I can fall back to using my Pi4 for Kodi.

The Pi 400 is brilliant though and a real throw-back to the Spectrum 48+ and BBC Electron computers I had growing up. Just incredible to think how much more powerful this thing is and much smaller too.