Since Alpha 08 HDDs of NAS won't be allowed to spin down

• Hello,

I am using multiple RPis and a single NAS for my media. The NAS also has a database server running to which all my RPis connect.
    Before I updated to Alpha 08 the HDDs of the NAS would spin down to almost 0 RPM if no access was done for about 20 - 30 minutes.
    And I actually mean that the HDDs spin down. It was not sleep mode for the NAS or something else.

After I updated to Alpha 08 two days ago this does not work anymore. No matter how long I did not access any file on the NAS.

I assume that some change that was made for Alpha 08 causes this by constantly accessing (or checking whether it is still available) on either the
    database or the SMB. The changelog for Alpha 08 mentions "Update Samba configuration to improve performance and interoperability".

I was wondering whether somebody knows which change might cause this and if I can revert that. I have looked through the Git changelog a bit but
    wasn't able pinpoint the possible change.

Thanks

• I thinks this might be case with amlogic s905 builds too.

I have a hard disk connected to my router and mounted as smb share. It seems running all the time when LibreELEC (on amlogic S905) is on.

• I'm using LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008 on my Odroid C-2.
    I use a QNAP NAS where there are my files shared with Samba (SMB), I also use the NAS feature that after 10 minutes of inactivity the NAS will go to power off the disks.
    I don't have problems on the NAS's disk shutdown feature (after inactivity) also with LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008. My disks will shutdown after 10 minutes of inactivity also if LibreELEC on Odroid C-2 is still running (and still connected on the LAN).

On LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008 I have instead another problem to access on the Samba shares: LibreELEC

Edited once, last by outcave (November 6, 2016 at 1:47 PM).