BubbleUPnP server on LE

• Has anyone got a bubbleUPnP server running on LE?

I am keen to do this but don't know how and tbh have very limited Linux knowledge.

I have found this but no idea how to go about implementing. Could anyone help/point me in the right direction?

My end goal is to stream LE to a Chromecast for an outdoor projector/music, via Yatse app, transcoding with bubbleUPnP. LE is running on an intel NUC so I figure this is the best place for the server (Ie better than Nas).

Thankyou

• I guess Minidlna cannot transcode. You need plex or emby for do it. Try upload bubbleupnp install script to your LE and run it via ssh.

Yes it's the transcoding that I want, streaming works fine when chromecast supports the format.

But I'm afraid even this is beyond my skill level. I have ssh before- is it a simple enough command to run? and where should I put the script in LE?

Also looking at whether I can use emby for transcoding duties only.

• Try upload bubbleupnp install script to your LE and run it via ssh

OK so I have bumbled through and learned how to run a script via ssh. Turns out it's very basic linux knowledge indeed (for anyone that is intimidated, as I was!).

I ran the script I linked in the first post and it "appears" to be working (in that I can send a local AVI movie to chromecast that would only play the audio before- this is with my NAS disconnected so I know it's not the NAS installation doing the transcoding) . The output is attached after installing.

Yatse reports "unknown BubbleUPnP error" when checking the connection, but it still appears to be working and plays the file. I do not know how to test/confirm.

Am I mistaken or correct in my assessment do you think??

edit: further tests suggest that maybe the hardware is not being used to transcode? I have 2 h.265 test files (from Sample HEVC Video Files) which will play, but with stop/start jittery playback.

I also cannot access the server at [LEipaddress]:58050

• OK back to square one... Possibly my phone was doing something for the transcoding.

Is anyone able to take a look at the installation for me? (photo in last post).

Also being new to command line: do I need to run/install this script in a specific location in LE, rather than from the downloads folder as I have?

Thank you and sorry for the severe lack of knowledge...

I have not had any success contacting the author of the script.

Edited once, last by jmi: more info, spelling (October 10, 2020 at 6:16 AM).