[MOD] LibreELEC for S905 with 32 bit libs to run regular arm binaries

• My suspicious is that your binaries from RPi use a different interpreter library. Since ldd is not working for you (and it makes sense since it is an ldd for AARCH64 and those are ARM 32 bit binaries), try to look for a "/lib/..." in the binary file itself by running:

Code
    grep "/lib/" ./portal

and check what it returns. One of the libs the grep returns will be your interpreter library (usually starts with /lib/ld-linux...). Report that back here.

HI, JoKe , you are right, it seems RPi use ld-linux.so.3, does it mean this binary can not work on s905?

Code
    OC2-LE7:~/xunlei # grep "/lib/" ./portal
    /lib/ld-linux.so.3

Edited once, last by wxyhxh (November 13, 2016 at 2:49 PM).

• Although it is great that we have a lot of people interested on this MOD to run RetroArch, I want to make sure this thread does not move into the wrong direction and become a RetroArch support thread. So I have news that many of you will hopefully enjoy:

For the folks interested in running RetroArch on S905(X) devices:

• I have created a new addon which contains all the 32 bit arm libraries required to run the 32bit arm retroarch binary on S905(X). Such addon, combined with the latest Retroarch addon from here should give you a working Retroarch solution for S905(X) without the need of the MOD discussed on this thread. It is a cleaner solution much less intrusive to LE and should (hopefully - could not fully test it yet) work across all builds and S905(X) devices. Such solution is being discussed on this thread.

I recommend you try such solution for RetroArch and we keep this thread more focused on supporting other 32 bit binaries.

Also, I will be updating the first post later today to mention the same as well as update the list of available builds with the MOD (including new ones for the 7.9 latest alpha builds I am creating now).

Great work with the addons I also ran your script today on Ubuntu and successfully created the SYSTEM + md5 in /target for latest 7.90 build 2016-11-09.

• Can you provide a link to this addon so I can take a look at it?

yes, of course, but it is in chinese :(
    http://luyou.xunlei.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=12545&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline
    in gernal, it is a software running on a router, NAS etc, providing remote download service. till now, there is only 32bit edition.
    on rpi2, i use Xware1.0.31_armel_v5te_glibc.zip, and it works ok.

• yes, of course, but it is in chinese :(
    http://luyou.xunlei.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=12545&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline
    in gernal, it is a software running on a router, NAS etc, providing remote download service. till now, there is only 32bit edition.
    on rpi2, i use Xware1.0.31_armel_v5te_glibc.zip, and it works ok.

Please try this modified version of the Xware addon here using LE with the MOD described on this thread and report back if the binaries run for you.

Forgot to mention: once you install the addon, you need to copy the intepreter library to /storage/ld-lin.so by running this:

Code
    cp -p /lib32/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 /storage/ld-lin.so

Edited once, last by JoKeRzBoX (November 18, 2016 at 9:49 PM).

• Please try this modified version of the Xware addon here using LE with the MOD described on this thread and report back if the binaries run for you.

Forgot to mention: once you install the addon, you need to copy the intepreter library to /storage/ld-lin.so by running this:

Code
    cp -p /lib32/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 /storage/ld-lin.so

ok, i will test it asap, thank you very much!

• hi JoKeRzBoX , i've been able to install your addons to both K's LE 7 and alpha 8, but on first try the screen garbled after next try the screen resolution too big to fit the screen, i only see 1/4 top left part on my tv, i've try to change settings in retroarch.cfg but no effect at all, where else should i change?
    thanks, this is the first time i see retroarch on s905 box

my box MXQ Pro Quick Play s905 1/8

• hi JoKeRzBoX , i've been able to install your addons to both K's LE 7 and alpha 8, but on first try the screen garbled after next try the screen resolution too big to fit the screen, i only see 1/4 top left part on my tv, i've try to change settings in retroarch.cfg but no effect at all, where else should i change?
    thanks, this is the first time i see retroarch on s905 box

my box MXQ Pro Quick Play s905 1/8

Looks like you have your LE set for 720p resolution (can you confirm?). Retroarch is pre-configured for 1080p screens but it may be possible to change those in settings (although I am not sure how). Can you search for a potential solution or post your question on the Retroarch specific thread? You will probably get more answers and suggestions there.

Edited once, last by JoKeRzBoX (November 20, 2016 at 10:06 AM).

• Looks like you have your LE set for 720p resolution (can you confirm?). Retroarch is pre-configured for 1080p screens but it may be possible to change those in settings (although I am not sure how). Can you search for a potential solution or post your question on the Retroarch specific thread? You will probably get more answers and suggestions there.

yup exactly, my res 720p50hz i set that because my channels in PVR almost all broadcast in 25fps, anyway thank you for you quick reply and amazing addons

edit: OK your prediction was correcto, after change res to 1080 it shows the whole screen

Edited once, last by 2ami (November 20, 2016 at 12:16 PM).

• @ JoKeRzBoX I'm totally lost configuring audio, everytime i select audio device in setting no matter what option in there the audio still muted, and after restart the audio device always return to hw:0,1

here's my aplay -L
    LibreELEC:~ # aplay -L
    null
    Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    default:CARD=AMLM8AUDIO
    AML-M8AUDIO,
    Default Audio Device
    sysdefault:CARD=AMLM8AUDIO
    AML-M8AUDIO,
    Default Audio Device
    hdmi:CARD=AMLM8AUDIO,DEV=0
    AML-M8AUDIO,
    HDMI Audio Output

hope you could point me to the right direction, thanks

Edited once, last by 2ami (November 22, 2016 at 4:29 PM).

• Since this is retroarch specific, I responded to you with some troubleshooting steps in the thread meant to discuss the retroarch addon here. If you do not mind I propose we keep that discussion there and leave this thread for more generic questions about the MOD to run 32 bit binaries.
    [hr]

@ JoKeRzBoX Do you plan to release update package for 009 build?

Yes! I will try to post that one plus other ones for the Alpha builds this evening. I will update the first post with latest links for download.

Edited once, last by JoKeRzBoX (November 22, 2016 at 6:43 PM).

• Since this is retroarch specific, I responded to you with some troubleshooting steps in the thread meant to discuss the retroarch addon here. If you do not mind I propose we keep that discussion there and leave this thread for more generic questions about the MOD to run 32 bit binaries.
    [hr]

Yes! I will try to post that one plus other ones for the Alpha builds this evening. I will update the first post with latest links for download.

Thx. I can't wait to give it a try with Home1

• Thx. I can't wait to give it a try with Home1

Just FYI, to run retroarch addon on S905(X) devices you do not need this mod anymore. The retroarch addon plus the 32 bit libs for retroarch addon do the job of running 32 bit retoarch binary so you can keep using the original LE build of your choice.