Can't change System name

• Hello - new forum member looking for some guidance:

I have been using LibreELEC for a few months, since my old OpenElec (hope I'm allowed to say that) Pi 2 system's SD card died. I've been a Kodi user on X86 since early XBMC days.

I have two LibreELEC installs running now, one on the old Pi 2 and one on a Pi 4. Very happy with them, and thank you to the developers for such a nice system.

I have been trying to get a system running on a Pi 3 model B and everything is working except I can't change the system name. I go into Settings>LibreELEC>System>System Name and whatever I type in there, it reverts back to LibreELEC. I seem to remember I had some reluctance with both the other installs, but managed to change the name after a couple of attemps, but this one refuses point blank. I have tried another fresh install on a brand new SanDisk 16GB microSD card but no luck.

Apologies if this is a common newbie thing - I looked for similar threads and only found one and that had no real answer.

What am I doing wrong?

• There are two locations for that... (yeah, I know). Don't ask, just change them both.

One is in the Kodi menu settings, and the other is in the LibreELEC Settings add-on.

The same goes for the workgroup name.

• Well, that's confusing...

the skin that comes with LE doesn't have a Services option in Settings- but I remembered that the old standard Confluence does. Changing to that,the Device Name in Services is entirely different to the one in the Librelec settings - "Kodi". Now I understand your "yeah, I know" :

Anyway, I changed it there and it worked, and I'm seeing the name I want in my home network uPnP devices. So thank you for your help.