Official LE11 Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-20)

• Experimental LE11 test images are here: https://test.libreelec.tv/11.0/Amlogic or https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/ nothing else will run on Amlogic hardware. If there is no specific device-tree for your box you will need to experiement (lots of devices are similar.. we have no idea what specs/hardware your box has). Note that the boot process is different to legacy images. There are no LE10 images (or nothing worth using). There is zero support for piracy images like AE in this forum.

Hi! Is there a step by step guide on how to install LE 11 test image on wetek play 2 to boot from sdcard?

Please excuse but I did not find any to understand, especiallywith regard to u-boot etc.

Thanks very much in advance!

• The AMLGX images in https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/ have experimental FFMpeg changes that improve seeking with HEVC media. It's not "fixed" but moves things from a 2/10 score to around 7/10 which is nice. I've also disabled the broken MPEG2 hardware decoder so content is software decoded. Linux 6.1.4 and almost final Kodi Nexus. NB: No change to G12A/B and SM1 support (still problematic).

• The AMLGX images in https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/ have experimental FFMpeg changes that improve seeking with HEVC media. It's not "fixed" but moves things from a 2/10 score to around 7/10 which is nice. I've also disabled the broken MPEG2 hardware decoder so content is software decoded. Linux 6.1.4 and almost final Kodi Nexus. NB: No change to G12A/B and SM1 support (still problematic).

Are these FFMpeg changes already in the last image on test.libreelec.tv or only on chewitt.libreelec.tv?

Would you mind writing who is behind these changes, someone has taken it upon themselves to fix it, or maybe it's to your credit?

• Kodi 20 stable is ready! We will be very happy if you (chewitt and the other LE team members) include all this Amlogic fixes and tweaks in LibreELEC stable release. Thank you for your support and good attitude towards us - the common users.

• Are these FFMpeg changes already in the last image on test.libreelec.tv or only on chewitt.libreelec.tv? Would you mind writing who is behind these changes, someone has taken it upon themselves to fix it, or maybe it's to your credit?

https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/7387 was merged yesterday along with a few other things so the next round of images on the test server should contain the same content as the images on my share. The FFMpeg changes are by John Cox @ Raspberry Pi foundation. He is not working on Amlogic support, but we have common goals for v4l2_m2m support in FFMpeg and care that the current codebase that he is working on supports a range of SoCs and not just RPi boards. To further that I regularly test his experimental changes and provide feedback (especially when regressions are involved). In this case, a change made definitely helps with HEVC seeking. It's not a full fix though; that will almost certainly need changes to the kernel driver (which is lacking developers for aeons) but an improvement is still an improvement.

• Kodi 20 stable is ready! We will be very happy if you (chewitt and the other LE team members) include all this Amlogic fixes and tweaks in LibreELEC stable release. Thank you for your support and good attitude towards us - the common users.

Current plan is to resume support for GXBB/GXL/GXM devices. Images are not perfect but more than usable for average users with average media media collections that are mostly 1080p based, although S905X/D and S912 do support 4k/HDR playback. The same images can be installed on newer devices but the hardware decode drivers have greater issues on newer hardware so those are really limited to software-only decoding (1080p max) and to set low expectations and keep things sensible we will state those are not supported. All recent changes in my branches are upstreamed to GitHub master branch yesterday. There is still more general stuff to get shipshape before an LE11 release can be announced .. I'd expect another 7-10days is required.

• Please forgive my ignorance, but what do I need to instal for my Mecool M8S PRO L? Also on another note, is it possible to install these images on the internal storage instead of SDCARD?

• Thanks I recall it all now.

But still no good for my Mecool M8S PRO L. Audio pops on start stop of video. Pink line at button of screen on video. DVD menus not working. Shame I was hoping I could use this box again with a newer build.

If anyone else has a Mecool M8S PRO L and gets a different experience I would love to know.

• crazyazz What resolution and bit-depth is the media being played, and what resolution is the TV when the pink line shows? .. or are you using a monitor? .. and what audio device is connected: HDMI, S/PDIF or Analogue?

• @chewitt: did you forget to remove the patch 'amlogic-0091-FIXUP-add-adc-gpio-keys-and-led-s-to-dreambox.patch' before merging nigthly? This only causes trouble, because the exit dialog opens with almost every keystroke on the infrared remote control.

Sometimes the box still hangs when switched off (even entering: # systemctl --force --force poweroff). I got a last error message in the terminal: Can't close watchdog. So this one hangs.

• @chewitt: did you forget to remove the patch 'amlogic-0091-FIXUP-add-adc-gpio-keys-and-led-s-to-dreambox.patch' before merging nigthly? This only causes trouble, because the exit dialog opens with almost every keystroke on the infrared remote control

There are multiple additions in that Fixup! commit so it would be good if you can experiement and tell me which bits work or not. The formula for the adc-keys values can be found in the vendor dts so perhaps validate my maths as it would be good to have the keys working.