Official LE11 Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-20)

• Do you know anything more about this company and this project?

Thank you for your reply. Good luck on the triathlon.

The company is bone-fide and has a long history of funding open-source development (often without much recognition) and the owner is someone we/me chat with regularly. I also know the name of the developer who's allegedly doing the work. However, until I see some actual code/output in a repo somewhere there's nothing to be done.

• The main challenge will be booting the device without an SD card slot and no UART cable to show you what's actually happening in the early stages of boot when you need to trick the device into booting Linux not Android. In practice; that'll be damn complicated and I'll say "no, not possible" simply to avoid the 500 hours of blind guesswork required.

• Understandable :(

If I try booting it with the generic amlgx image, like I did for my old s905 tvbox, what side effects may I encounter? Or what can I check if it boots properly?

In case it does not have a reset button, I really do not want to make it boot ONLY from the sd card, like I accidentaly did for mine.

• Any working method to use the latest LE 11.0.3 on old Minix Neo U1 (Android 5 on eMMC) and boot from sd card ? I try many sdcards and not successfully. Always starting the Android version. I edit the uEnV.ini and set the correct dtb in line.

• Great (sad and angry emoji here). Thank you for removing the ones for amlgx but leaving the pre-alpha quality ones for amlmx...

This means that on my s905 box I am stuck with a system that can only connect via ethernet, because that is what works with the official image.

Edited once, last by jim_p (July 24, 2023 at 5:28 AM).

• Did the deletion of a bunch of out of date files break your box? .. no

Does the 11.0.3 update fix anything critical for AMLGX installs? .. no

Can you continue using your box the same as yesterday simply by turning it on? .. yes

"nothing to see here, move along please"

• Answering on a similar fashion to your answers, although I agree on all three.

- In case something happens or if I want to make a fresh install e.g. on usb and boot from there, can I reinstall the patched image with which the wifi works? No. Please note that I asked if I can boot from usb with the current status on my thread earlier today but got no answer.

- 11.0.3 updates iwd and connman. Last summer (from late May to early September 2022 actually), I tested and updated through every single nightly of le 11 on my rpi3b+. The one thing that made me give up was the inconsistency on the wireless's behavior (connectivity mostly), which continued all the way to 11.0.2. To be fair, I borrowed an rpi3b+ from a friend on late April (of 2023) and tested it again, but the issues were still there, so it was not a hw issue on my end.

Sadly, that thing was also present (in a different form, but still related to connectivity) on my hw with the nightlies of x64, which I tested for ~1 month before also giving up and it was also present up until 11.0.2 too. Tbh, that iwd + connman combination was the buggiest thing of le 11 and I keep my fingers crossed that it is fixed now on 11.0.3, because I tested it 1-2 times and it worked with no issues.

On the other hand, the... "way"* of the patched amlgx image discouraged me from testing if its wifi had similar issues. If there is an issue with that too, will I get the update that fixes it? No.

- Likewise, will it get updates for the dozens of packages that 11.0.3 updates to their new versions, e.g... kodi at 20.2? Also no.

So yea, it is a big deal for me, sorry.

* "Way" = having to use a patched image file to get wireless working, because it does not work with the stock one.

---edit

I spoke too soon for the underlined part, it still has the same issue. Goodbye le 11 on x64 as well, see you in le 12.

Edited once, last by jim_p (July 26, 2023 at 9:39 AM).

• Any working method to use the latest LE 11.0.3 on old Minix Neo U1 (Android 5 on eMMC) and boot from sd card ? I try many sdcards and not successfully. Always starting the Android version. I edit the uEnV.ini and set the correct dtb in line.

LE 11x version is better for HEVC playpack, then 9.2x legacy ? I need for some messed encoded anime video.

Either way am trying, but not success boot from sdcard... what is the solution for it?

• chewitt was talking with dtech and stated to reach out on this thread to you. Trying to upgrade my Beelink GT1 Ultimate (S912) currently running CoreElec 9.2.8 and trying to upgrade to LE 11.0.3. I tried multiple DTB's using the new method of modifying the ini file. But upon doing a reboot update in terminal with the new SD card loaded, my box reboots then comes back up with a black screen and sometimes my TV tells me unsupported signal. Any ideas? Or do I need to reflash box back to original firmware.

• chewitt I wanted to try your testing image for odroid-c1, but it won't boot because it contains no bootloader. Can you rebuild the image or should i just manually write u-boot to the sd-card after writing the image?