Newbie to this OS but not pcs nor distros in general (using a pi4)

• Hi there, having an issue with getting a pi4 setup but I think the main issue is my tv.

Its a 720p crt tv but it is 1080i compatable, I sometimes have issues with a full sized desktop running Windows so its not just this, and a android box that worked but defaulted to 1080i

Connect this to a 1080p tv via hdmi no issues, connect using same cable to my 720p crt tv which also has hdmi and nothing.

I know you can do some commandline things to force 720p but is that the only thing I can do?

The secondary issue is when I did have connected by ethernet, I tried adding network files as I have a NAS but it saw nothing Kodi on android box (though older version) worked fine.

There is an internet connection there as I can download add ons.

Finally Youtube, when I go to use it, it tells me I need to set up manually? I guess I can just download an add on but not sure.

• Hello for YouTube Add-on you need an API Key. Thanks to Google.

I never Heard of an crt able to do 1080p maybe via downscaling.

You can force 720p via EDID.

Regards

Nicolas

• Thanks, it worked when I powered back on, turns out one of the hdmi ports didn't work, is this normal?

Also I still need to work out the reason I can't add network share, it works on Kodi on an android box unless I am doing something wrong.

Also is there a way to get zoom on the box? I have a few meetings I have to attend (non work related) but can't use works pc for that.

• Thanks, so its all down to getting the network working now as main thing (the whole reason for wanting it)

Any idea on that?

EDIT : Will make it clearer, my NAS is a Pi4 with samba shares (and used as pihole) not the same one as I am using in bedroom.

WIndows pcs, laptops, tabets and android boxes have no issues seeing the network shares but I can't get this to work.