'Server does not respond properly' after reboot.

• Bit of an odd issue.

I started installing 9.2.3 a week or two ago from scratch.

I first noticed the issue after (during?) installing 'service.sabnzbd-9.2.0.35.zip' via 'Install from zip file'.

Sabnzbd has 'locale' as dependency.

The issue didn't change after removing both 'sabnzbd' and 'locale'.

After every reboot I see a message in Kodi that Tvheadend Client: 'Server does not respond properly'.

Live-TV is not working after this.

If I go to Add-ons > My add-ons > Services > select Tvheadend Server 4.2 > Configure > OK (without any changes) it starts to work.

"Tvheadend Client: Connection Established"

I have not yet tried to re-install Tvheadend.

Steps performed for taking logging:

reboot

wait ~5 min

made TVH work normally

log-2020-08-21-18.25.02_TVH_working_normally.zip

wait ~5 min

reboot

wait ~5 min

log-2020-08-21-18.37.07_TVH_problem_situation.zip

Based on the timestamp, the TVH logging looks to start only after making TVH work.

################################################################################

# ... output of cat /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/service.log

# LibreELEC release: RPi2.arm-9.2.3

#

################################################################################

2020-08-21 20:24:22.533 [ INFO] main: Log started

The first logs on TVH during the problem state looks weird.

They are from 2019-04-11, and look to be from a previous installation.

LE-9.2.3 was written to this 128GB card LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32.exe.

I didn't format this card before doing that.

Can this be due to a corrupted filesystem?

LE-9.2.3

TVH Server 4.2, Team LE 9.2.0.122

TVH Client, 4.4.21.1

• Hello!

Have you Set a wait for network or a delay to start TVH Service in the Add-on?

Sounds Like your Network Connection ist Not established as TVH Service tries to start.

Regards

Nicolas

• Hi Nicolas thanks a lot for your advice.

At first I started with a 30 seconds TVH server delay, and that made it work.

Trying to find the lowest delay I could go all the way back to 0 (disabled delay) without any issue.

I did try a 3 second delay a few days ago, but that didn't work that time.

I'm thinking to using a 10 second delay going forward.

Thanks you

• Hello RomMon !

Your Welcome!

I am using at least 10 sec as wait for network, Just to be save.

Or you could Set a wait for network delay at Options>Libreelec>Network...

I am using 20 sec. If the Network Connection is established before it Just Starts up.

If the Server and Client Runs on the Same device I would also suggest using the IP 127.0.0.1 instead of the "real" IP on the pvr hts client. If your Router fails at some Point your still able to watch TV on that device.

Regards

Nicolas

Edited 2 times, last by Nicolas: LE settings added (August 27, 2020 at 12:43 AM).

• maybe to circumvent the manual inserted "long" delay:

a script under /storage/.config maybe named "restart_TvHeadend.sh" (without ' " ')

content:

(

sudo systemctl restart service.tvheadend42

)

what it does: restarts tvheadend, which lasts only ~2 sec.

additional:

is on your TV-Adaptor "initial scan" and "idle scan" on ?

I had a delay for an first live-TV start (not while subseq. switching) on an 2-cable-DigiBit-config, where only the 2cd Adaptor had those setting on.

- I mean that setting played well in 9.2.4... (I'm unsure) -

Edited 3 times, last by GDPR-7 (August 27, 2020 at 8:15 PM).

• If the Server and Client Runs on the Same device I would also suggest using the IP 127.0.0.1 instead of the "real" IP on the pvr hts client. If your Router fails at some Point your still able to watch TV on that device.

Thanks for your timer advice. Yes, the client is configured to use the loopback address.

additional:

is on your TV-Adaptor "initial scan" and "idle scan" on ?

I had a delay for an first live-TV start (not while subseq. switching) on an 2-cable-DigiBit-config, where only the 2cd Adaptor had those setting on.

- I mean that setting played well in 9.2.4... (I'm unsure) -

I have 2 tuners and for both 'initial scan' and 'idle scan' is on.

Thank you also for the restart script. For now I will keep it with just a 10 second delay.

Thank you both!

I have 2 tuners and for both 'initial scan' and 'idle scan' is on.

moons ago I read (at least for the DigiBit, but I guess it makes sense on other too) that only *one* "idle scan" is sufficing and it saves power too

• moons ago I read (at least for the DigiBit, but I guess it makes sense on other too) that only *one* "idle scan" is sufficing and it saves power too

if all DVB Tuners are on the Same Network e.g. Astra one Scan ist enough.

I don't use idlescan or Scan on Startup cuz Sometimes it Blocks a Tuner for whatever reason.

I have 4 Tuners in my Setup and i have wait for 4 Tuners and 10 sec delay at the tvh Service Add-on also wait for network 20 sec at the le settings.

Regards

Nicolas

• See indeed in help that for initial scan it needs enabled for at least one tuner.

In the past (e.g. TVH 4.1), was this option 'Skip Initial scan' (so just the opposite)?

In my notes I have ''Skip Initial Scan' (must be selected, so scan is skipped at startup)'

I will experiment if both these scan options to see its behavior.

• By now I am using TVH 4.3 for Testing.

At the Tuners there are the options:

Idle Scan

Initial Scan

I unchecked Both

At the Networks Tab you can select "Skip Startup Scan" for each Network which I have checked.

I am using those settings since TVH 4.2 LE 7 or 8 without issues.

Regards

Nicolas