No write right

• Hello

I need Help to config Libreelec 9.2.4

I have no write rights to, not system partitions, hard drives ( 5 Harddisk for Data & 1 SSD for Libreelec ). It was previously installed Windows 10, on an ASRock j3455m.

Do you have any idea why

Best reguard

• I have no write rights to, not system partitions,

That is correct. LibreELEC's system partition is configured by default as read-only. Normally there is no reason for people to poke in that partition.

Are the HDDs shown in LibreELEC, or are they not mounted at all?

I hope you have shutdown Windows 10 properly, as any drive that is still in suspend or hibernation mode, or that has drive errors, may not be mounted by Linux (=> LibreELEC).

if you can SSH into your LibreELEC box, please type in the following commands:

blkid | paste

mount | paste

dmesg | paste

and paste the URLs into your next forumpost here.

• I would also suggest the Drives are Not unmounted correctly in Windows via a full shutdown.

Or If you try to Copy Files via smb your Samba settings are Not correct.

Libreelec never have me Problems mounting NTFS volumes If they were unmounted propperly on Windows.

Regards

Nicolas

• Shut down Windows while Holding the Shift Key.

Another thing could be, If you have Fastboot enabled at your ASRock BIOS. If so,deactivate it at least for Testing.

Regards

Nicolas

Edited once, last by Nicolas (August 25, 2020 at 6:50 AM).

• I see the drives are recognized and mounted, so that's a good start. They are being mounted as read-only though. Perhaps your Windows session wasn't closed properly, or things were still in suspend or hibernation mode. Or possibly one or more disk errors are present on your HDDs. I would double-check the disks on a Windows machine first.

After that, in Kodi, use the browse function in Videos, or Kodi's File Manager itself, and locate the drives via the /var/media path.

• I see the drives are recognized and mounted, so that's a good start. They are being mounted as read-only though. Perhaps your Windows session wasn't closed properly, or things were still in suspend or hibernation mode. Or possibly one or more disk errors are present on your HDDs. I would double-check the disks on a Windows machine first.

After that, in Kodi, use the browse function in Videos, or Kodi's File Manager itself, and locate the drives via the /var/media path.

Thanks