New ver nightly20200820 Can’t install on NUC8I3cysm

1. Never pull the media you have booted from!
    2. It is not possible to install to the stick booted from.
    3. To use the stick as LE system type run on the syslinux boot screen.
  • to 2.:

i have done so several times since ~march 2020 to get milhouse nightly running.

With the same stick and an initial LE Release, btw.

At that time the stick I booted from was visible as install target.

Today it's not, so I need to replug.

I was under the impression that the whole installer stuff was copied to RAM, so the stick was free.

okay, will try with two sticks...

Edited 2 times, last by GDPR-7 (September 27, 2020 at 6:04 PM).

• yup, 3. did it.

thanks for your patience.

P.S.

I guess I had done so ever with my milhouse nightly installations and forgot about it or was now mislead with the offered bootprompts "Install" versus "run".

It's not that obvious (to me) that "run" also ~installs~ on a stick ...

P.P.S

it seems that the intel graphic is compiled in ?!

on my homebrewed kernels on an other box I compile it as module so that the i915-firmware gets loaded.

maybe there is a module option nowadays, although I played with it months/years ago without luck.

• t's not that obvious (to me) that "run" also ~installs~ on a stick ...

But technically correct. There is no real installation, only the one time expansion of the /storage partition. You now can switch between installer/run/live on any boot.

it seems that the intel graphic is compiled in ?!

Which driver are you talking about? Intel iris and iHD are included but maybe not auto selected.

• I'm talking about the firmware for the GPU-driver i915 which only gets loaded if

a) i915 is compiled as a module and

b) the boot parameter is set

Arrggghhh, and I'm just now realizing that I forgot b), the boot parameter "i915.enable_guc=2" (FW was already in place)

Sorry !

Hell, I'm getting dementia.:cry: