Is the system ver (ex 9.2.3) contained in backups?

• So here's the deal without getting into a whole long story.

I'm on 9.2.4 now, doing an entire rebuild because I wanted to fix a few things / roll back a few things and use a new skin but all in general just make things slightly different than they were.

I've since made when I guess we could call a nightly backup, since I don't really want to do anymore tonight.

But at the same time I want to use my device to watch sling for a bit.

So if I roll out a backup i made prior to the start of a rebuild that I think might be 9.2.3

Will that cause issues if the device is now 9.2.4, or will the backup revert it to 9.2.3 or whatever version it was that the backup was made with, which was part of the 9x branch ?

I mean I understand sort of what the backups backup, but I don't know if that necessarily includes the system software if you will. Or I should say version.

The backups are dated almost two weeks after the June 4th release of nine 9.2.3, I just don't recall if I was on that at that point.

• I mean I understand sort of what the backups backup, but I don't know if that necessarily includes the system software if you will. Or I should say version.

The LibreELEC built-in backup/restore will only place certain storage folders in a zip or .tar.gz file (as you probably know by now). It will not touch the files on the system partition.

If you want to include those and go for a full disk-image backup, then there are tools like CloneZilla that come to mind. CZ is a bit crude and works in text mode, but it does the job.