Zip files

• Hi a few years ago I found this website that listed the zip files for various android tv boxes.

*URL removed by moderator*

I have ran the TX5pro and TX3pro zip files and they work a treat. I now want to buy a new box and run libreelec from the internal memory. What is the best box to buy? Does anyone have a website that lists all the zip files?

Thanks Deyesey

• Sorry, but posting some vague zip link to a mega storage download url is not our idea of transparent and secure support. Also "a few years" ago is a lifetime in computer land.

Why don't you first decide on what device you want for Kodi to run on, and then see of there is a matching software build.

• The "best" device does not exist, otherwise everyone would buy the same box. And that is not the case.

You first need to determine what you want:

What type of video you want to watch with Kodi?

Do you want to attach large HDD drives or do you only get your stuff via streaming?

Will you need a gigabit connection?

Do you need 4K and HDR support?

Is netflix necessary?

The list goes on and on.

• At present I have a TX5 pro Running Libreelec 9.0.1 with kodi 18.1 Installed to the internal memory on a gigabit lan steaming media from a Thecus NAS. It works great no issues with any media I’ve played.

The zip file I used to configure the box at the start was from a user named amlinux on this forum. The link I posted before is where I got the files from.

libreelec has updated once on the TX5 in the past and I was wondering if it will update again? I’ve checked for updates both manually and left it set to auto. When I look in the update channel there is nothing there. Do I need to add anything so it updates?

I also want to buy a new box probably 4Gb/32gb and want to run libreelec and kodi from the internal memory and would like it to update automatically.

The android boxes I’ve looked at are T95, HK1, Q plus and the H96 max.

So what I’m looking for is the zip file to configure a new box from the tooth pick recovery mode. Or is there a better way to configure a new box?

Hope this explains what I’m trying to achieve.

many thanks

deyesey

Edited once, last by deyesey (August 16, 2020 at 6:39 PM).