Where / How to automate BackUps and run CRON?

• Hi,

I'm new to LibreELEC and i LOVE this OS. It does everything i need in very easy steps and now i have my real HTPC, NAS and Home-Automation-Server :heart:

But i'm unsure how to run backups. As this is very important for me. I've read that there should be a something like a "LE Backup" or "Backup" Feature that can be configured in the repo. But i'm not able to find it. Just seen the backup option in the LibreElec Menu, but there is not option to plan it every day. Can anybody tell me where i can load the "bigger" backup or how i can automate the build-in backup?

Also i need to run some rsync jobs. Where can i CRON them?

Best Regards

• Hello hjkjt

I use the Backup Option from the LE Menu. If I have Changed Something or If I added stuff to the library and before and after a LE Update.

The Backup includes, mostly, the .kodi folder (also .cache and .config) so all your addons and configuration are saved. Before I do a Backup I also Clean the thubnails.

There was a Backup Add-on where you can include custom folders to the Backup. But the Most troublefree Backup is using the build in backup.

Restore is pretty easy.

1. Install LE with the Same Version as your backup

2. If you start with a fresh Install create the .restore folder, Put the Backup tarfile into it and reboot.

On a single system LE HTPC Setup (without a dedicated Server or with this being the pseudo Server) I did my Media Backups once a month manually. I Like offline Backups.

Regards

Nicolas

• I also find and used this backup option. Pretty easy.

But i want to plan it and run it every night. I'm using docker in LE and need to backup the container with volumes. As they are in .kodi they are included in the backup.