Maximum external storage size.

• The external storage will be formatted in NTFS.

My storage device will be a Drobo, and the only option is to create a 64TB volume.

Will LibreELEC see the files on a 64TB volume. formatted in NTFS ?

• Official Post

Drobo devices are mostly NASes. I never heard of a NAS using NTFS, certainly not for 64TB volumes.

Most NASes are running Linux/Unix software, so NTFS again would be a curious option.

EXT4 would be a safer option IMHO. And with NTFS, it doesn't sound like it will be using RAID or something.

I would hate to lose a 64TB data partition on my drives...

• The Drobo is DAS, not NAS. It's the 5D range, Drobo 5D3 is the latest 5 disk array.

On the older Drobo's with DAS it used to be 16TB volumes, but with the newer versions it's now 64TB volumes. There's no option to create a smaller volume size.

It's a bit like Thin provisioning, so if you have 5 x 6TB disks installed, the volume still would show as 64TB even though the actual storage would be around 27TB (after the disks have been RAID configured)

The volume will be used for LibreELEC and Windows. Not sure EXT4 is supported with Windows.

• I'm not gonna trust some 3rd party tool for "mission-critical" data. :cool:

I agree.

On my old Drobo the volume size limit was 16TB which was formatted with NTFS. LibreELEC could read and write to this without a problem.

I was just asking if LibreELEC would be able to do the same on a 64TB volume. I think Nicolas answered my question.

Thanks for everyone's input.

• there is at least Paragon that can read/write at Ext2/3/4 from Windows (shareware)

I was using Paragon NTFS on MacOS 10.x to 10.4 (because Mac OS could Not write to NTFS) also Paragon HFS+ on Windows. Was working fine at that time.