9.2.3 reboot loop w pi 4 8gb

• Hi folks. I just got a pi 4 8gb in the mail. I'm swapping in the card from my 1gb pi 4. The install is PINN (works), raspbian (works) , libreelec reboot loops from the "waiting for network" prompt.

The procedure I followed was to update pinn, raspbian, libreelec while still in the 1gb unit, then switch over.

I imagine a basic new install would work, but I don't want to trash the whole setup which is significant. If anyone can suggest a path to start on to fix this that'd be great.

Thx

• There is such a thing as making backups. ;)

A reboot loop on the RPi4... You sure you downloaded the correct image file?

Yes, I'm sure. It worked in my 1GB rpi, and after updating, it still works in my 1GB rpi.

It just doesn't work in my 8GB pi.

• Yes, or grab the current log from microSD by using your PC. Activate logging by using your working RPi.

Thank you, that worked.

I snipped the end, if the rest is needed that's fine. It seems to be at the point of checking the resolutions. I wonder if the GPU setting suitable for the 1GB is causing a problem somehow? I'll try that next. Here's the log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

thanks for looking!

• We prefer to have all the puzzle pieces to a problem, and not waste time/effort for having to ask for the full, unedited log file...

I prefer people read my posts before commenting, as you did previously in this thread. So I guess we're both not getting our preference?

Da Flex Thanks to your instruction on the log, seeing the allocation error twigged me to remember that I had to previously make some modifications to stop out of memory reboots on my 1GB unit (as detailed here RPI4 on Libreelec 9.1.502 thumbnail/pictures problems). So for anyone coming behind me, I removed the CMA specification from cmdline.txt, unset GPU mem from 144 to unspecified, and removed a swap specification. It's odd that those changes that did work would cause crashes now, but personally that's good enough for me. thanks for the help