LE Pi keeps turning my TV back on after I've turned it off

• I have an LE Pi connect to a Panasonic TV via a Panny speaker bar. CEC is enabled, with "ignore" selected as the action for when the TV is turned off. Quite often when I put the TV in stand-by with the Pi still selected as the TV's source, the TV switches itself back on. It does not do this with other inputs. Log available at the attached link. To keep the TV turned off, I have to change source first, then put the TV in standby.

Would be great to get a fix for this, as otherwise CEC is very helpfu.

http://ix.io/2s4u

• At the CEC adapter settings set the HDMI signal to "always on". The default setting is to switch HDMI off when your TV uses a different source.

thanks. Where can this setting be found? Can’t find it in the Kodi GUI.

• I might also note that when I switch on my TV direct to a target channel number, the TV immediately auto-switches to the LE Pi. The config.txt entry on the Pi includes the entry hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1 and the CEC settings in Kodi have devices to power on during start-up set to none. Everything that one would presume to disable in the CEC settings is disabled (while still retaining basic control from the TV remote), yet still the errant switching happens.

Having googled this it seems to be a long-standing issue with Kodi that CEC support is flaky in some systems, with nominally correct settings sometimes producing behaviour that contradicts what the settings are supposed to do (e.g. disable source switching). It's a minor inconvenience but a bit annoying. Given that some posts on this go back for years, I will manage my expectations accordingly in terms of the likelihood of a fix!

• I mean this menu: Settings -> System -> Input -> Peripherals -> CEC Adapter.

Set Action when switching to another source to None.

CEC settings are already configured this way, the Pi seems to disregard it. All the CEC settings that should be set to none or ignore are already set that way. TV still is force switched to the Pi as its source when brought out of standby, and sometimes the Pi will turn on the TV without being asked to do so.

• yep, with CEC disabled in config.txt the TV does not switch itself back on, but of course I’d prefer to keep CEC enabled. it doesn’t happen every time, but very frequently when I put the TV in standby while switched to the Pi input, the TV will switch back on within a few seconds. Switching source first seems to keep the TV switched off.

• I'm running out of ideas. Wild theory: The HDMI cable catches some interfering electromagnetic signals, which triggers the wake-up. If you have another HDMI cable, give it a shot. If you buy a new one, make sure it's HDMI 2.0 / 2.1 standard. Those standards are known to have good shielding.

• I had the same issue. TV was turning on after 10s I turned it to standby. All of above didn't help. It was the setting on TV that did the trick. Now I have Panasonic, so I guess every other vendor has different solution. In VIERA link settings there is one setting which enables turn off/on connected devices and that includes all which are on - HDMI as well. Turning that setting off, now TV stays off. :) yey - me 'appy

And I can still operate LEPi with remote from TV beside mouse/keyboard inputs

Pi 4 - 8GB, LEPi v9.2.6

I very much doubt it would be cable issue (unless you really have real cheap as paper one)

Edited once, last by koco: add - some findings (December 31, 2020 at 8:08 AM).