Posts by ac16161

I mean this menu: Settings -> System -> Input -> Peripherals -> CEC Adapter.

Set Action when switching to another source to None.

CEC settings are already configured this way, the Pi seems to disregard it. All the CEC settings that should be set to none or ignore are already set that way. TV still is force switched to the Pi as its source when brought out of standby, and sometimes the Pi will turn on the TV without being asked to do so.

I might also note that when I switch on my TV direct to a target channel number, the TV immediately auto-switches to the LE Pi. The config.txt entry on the Pi includes the entry hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1 and the CEC settings in Kodi have devices to power on during start-up set to none. Everything that one would presume to disable in the CEC settings is disabled (while still retaining basic control from the TV remote), yet still the errant switching happens.

Having googled this it seems to be a long-standing issue with Kodi that CEC support is flaky in some systems, with nominally correct settings sometimes producing behaviour that contradicts what the settings are supposed to do (e.g. disable source switching). It's a minor inconvenience but a bit annoying. Given that some posts on this go back for years, I will manage my expectations accordingly in terms of the likelihood of a fix!

I have an LE Pi connect to a Panasonic TV via a Panny speaker bar. CEC is enabled, with "ignore" selected as the action for when the TV is turned off. Quite often when I put the TV in stand-by with the Pi still selected as the TV's source, the TV switches itself back on. It does not do this with other inputs. Log available at the attached link. To keep the TV turned off, I have to change source first, then put the TV in standby.

Would be great to get a fix for this, as otherwise CEC is very helpfu.

http://ix.io/2s4u

OK, some progress. This Pi was running LE 9.2.1 just fine before the 9.2.3 update was issued, but once the 9.2.3 update got to the reboot after the .tar file extraction completed, I had an unbootable device. And as posted above, attempting clean installs of 9.2.3 via the Windows installer is again giving me an unbootable device.

I figured that 9.2.3 itself might be the problem, and so I just tried the LE installer with 9.2.1, and the Pi booted straight away. I completed the set-up wizard, and then applied the 9.2.3. update. Once again, the Pi rebooted, I got the on-screen message about the .tar archive extraction, everything was fine up to the final reboot, the Pi then rebooted - and once again, nothing.

So for now, I can boot a clean install of 9.2.1 but cannot update it to 9.2.3 or apply a clean install of 9.2.3. This Pi is a spare device so I can do further testing if there is any community interest in identifying the root cause. I have another LE Pi that updated to 9.2.3 without issue, so am rather puzzled.

One of my 3B Pi's running LE was crashed by the 9.2.3 update - the update initiated, but the Pi never completed its re-boot and became completely unresponsive (my other LE Pi did the update just fine).

I re-imaged the SD card with LE and again the Pi would not boot. I also have some OSMC devices so I re-imaged the card again with OSMC, and this time the Pi booted and installed OSMC. I have since tried to go back to LE but every time, when the Pi is powered up, I just get a blank screen on the TV. I then run the OSMC installer and the Pi boots just fine.

I am using the SD Formatter utility on Windows to wipe the card then using the LE installer utility to image the card. Is there any reason why this might fail for LE but work for OSMC?

A couple of BBC HD channels have moved, but in spite of a full re-scan via TV Headend, it's not being picked up. In the pre-defined muxes drop-down box I have tried both my local tansmitter and the generic auto options, it seems that the mux carrying BBC Four HD is not in the list? How do these back-end profiles get updated - is it when updates to TV Headend are posted? Anyone know a way to manually add the mux that the channel has moved to?

Thanks.

Hi

New to Kodi, just set it up on a Raspberry Pi with libreelec 7.9.53. I have audio set to 7.1 over HDMI connected to my Marantz receiver. I noticed that I occasionally had a missing centre channel. Some titles would play fine sometimes, then depending on what I play next, I could go back to a previous title and find the centre channel had gone again. I could make the centre channel go missing with either HD or regular surround tracks.

Having experimented with many combinations of settings, I think I've narrowed the problem down to the OMXplayer hardware acceleration option. When this is enabled, I have the erratic problem with the centre channel. When it's disabled, things seem much more stable. Is this known behaviour? I had enabled the OMXplayer option as I felt I was getting smoother playback with 1080i VC-1 material, but I think I have got around that by disabling deinterlacing.

Anyway, overall am very pleased with the librelec distribution of Kodi. I noticed that the OSMC version had the problem with the centre channel but at that time had not pinned the issue down to the OMXplayer option.

Is this something that can be addressed? In any event I may not need the OMXplayer option, but thought I'd post this in case it's useful.