Viewing photo via UpnP > impossible

• Hi,

My photos (JPG, BMP, PNG, etc.) are on a NAS. I added this source to get them on KODI.

I se the files names but when I click on it, I've got a black screen.

It's OK when I try to watch photo on a USB key.

Do I have to setup an add-on to view photos on NAS via UpnP ? or setting up special parameter ?

thanks in advance for your help.

• Official Post

Kodi only provides UPnP support via its video and music libraries. Since there is no photo library, it's not possible to view photos via UPnP.

I suggest you use a more dedicated solution such as MiniDLNA or other UPnP server software.

• What do you mean by "...other UPnP server software..." since you said just before "...Since there is no photo library, it's not possible to view photos via UPn... ?"

• I'm sorry but you said "I suggest you use a more dedicated solution such as MiniDLNA or other UPnP server software."

so I asked you what do you mean by this sentence since you said "... there is no photo library, it's not possible to view photos via UPn... " ?

• 'm sorry but you said "I suggest you use a more dedicated solution such as MiniDLNA or other UPnP server software."

Kodi can act as UPNP server and client.

I guess it is not really clear if you need the server or client part. For the server part you can use MiniDLNA to make it work, ofc Kodi would still not show it.