Raspberry Pi TV HAT inaccessibility issues

• Hi All

I did and encountered the following:

Installed LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 4, with a TVhat tuner card. Set up and configured TVheadend so that I was able to do the following:

• Watch live TV.

• Record what I was watching.

I then did the following (I’m not entirely sure what order I did them in):

• Attempted to configure TVheadend to record to a USB stick.

• Set up a few scheduled recordings and two of them clashed.

This resulted in the following situation:

• Initially being unable to watch live TV because it said there was no spare TV adaptor (although a couple of reboots seemed to fix this).

• However whenever I tried any scheduling or recording I started getting the same error, reboots did not fix it and now I cannot even see the Tuner in the TVheadend Web Configuration or under /dev/dvb/.

A week or two later, on one of the occasions that I was turning the Pi on, I was able to access the tuner through the TVHeadend web page and was also able to view the device in /dev/dvb/ (I had tried to plug in another USB TV tuner, I don't know whether this had any impact). I was then able watch and record live TV but in attempting to configure both the tuners I lost access to both as indicated above and as of yet have not been able to access the TVhat tuner again.

I did take a look a dmesg but was unable to make much sense of that as I wasn't really sure what I was looking for.

Is anyone able to offer any advice? Thanks.

• Official Post

Not sure you are aware, at least it sounds like you are not :)

The tv head has a single tuner, so if you watch channel a you can't record channel b and vice versa.

• Hi CvH

Thanks for the response.

My understanding was that you can if they are on the same mux? Which was what I was hoping for, if there was any overlap when I was testing scheduled recordings. Primarily though, I've had conflicts in Kodi before (on a different device) and they have not resulted losing access to the TV tuner altogether, which is the part that I would like to avoid, particularly if I don't know how to fix it. :)