Absolute beginner

• I've so far had a 2 meltdowns trying to install LibreELEC/Kodi.

I want to create its own small partition along-side Linux Mint & Win7 in a triple boot. The problem seems to be that the BIOS then sees 2 'ubuntu's and that is where the problem begins.

Please advise.

• Official Post

I want to create its own small partition along-side Linux Mint & Win7 in a triple boot.

First of all, LibreELEC requires 2 partitions: 1 for system files, 1 for storage files.
    Are you setting the home directory of Linux Mint up for data storage, because it's better IMO to keep things separated.

It is easiest to create an entry for LibreELEC in Linux Grub's section. The point is to know the partitions' correct device names.

You should be able to create both partitions at the end of your HDD/SSD with Gparted.

Give the partition labels also their names, such as LE_SYS and LE_DTA.
    Then fill LE_SYS with the correct kernel and system files.

Then add the LibreELEC entry into the /etc/grub.d/40_custom file. Some people use UUID numbers, I use device names.

Code
    menuentry "LibreELEC" {
    set root=(hd0,5)
    linux /KERNEL boot=/dev/sda5 disk=/dev/sda6 quiet
    }

You'll need to figure out the drive numbers for your setup, via sudo blkid for example.

After that, do a sudo update-grub2 and reboot. The LibreELEC entry should be visible in GRUB's menu.