Checking for the network

• Hi everybody,

I've installed LibreELEC without problem except for the connection part.

I probably inserted a wrong credential on installation and now I'm searching in the settings how to solve that.

I've activated the Network in the LibreELEC add-on and checked for SSH. But the device does not show up in my network, then I can't connect to it through SSH.

Where can I insert my login and password again ? I suppose this would make it.

• Official Post

WiFi credentials are saved on successful connection only, so if you entered the wrong passphrase it will have failed to connect and nothing was saved. Go into the LE settings add-on and visit the Connections tab, highlight the WiFi network anme, click and select "connect" to enter the passphrase using the GUI keyboard.

• Under LE settings I have nothing at all under the Connections tab.

Under Network, I have activated the wireless network with an SSID "LibreELEC-AP" and a Password. A click on both of these opens a keyboard allowing me to make a change and a menu where I can eventually enter an IP-address.

I am confused...

• Official Post

If you enable a Wireless hotspot in LE settings you are hosting/creating a wireless access point (AP) and this prevents the wireless card from being used to join wireless networks; it can only do one thing at a time. Disable that and things should appear in 'Connections'.

• This could have made it !

I have had access to the Wifi network in "Connections" but entering my credentials did not allow me to open the access. So I decided to make a test with the open connection of a neighbour and this worked.

Now returning to the list I entered my credentials again and again till the system crashes.

I am now on a welcome page in safe mode...

Is there a way to enter my credentials again from there? I am sure of my password which is the one received from my ISP and never modified.

Edited once, last by kartable: Yessssssss I am connected ! Thanks my friend, you've been of a great help! (June 9, 2020 at 5:57 PM).