Convert OpenELEC on Acer Veriton to LibreELEC

• I have a Acer Veriton Computer that when started it goes right to Kodi. I want to change it over to the better program LibreELEC, but have no idea how. I downloaded the USB Creator file to a SD card. I downloaded the 64 bit because I believe thats the right one for the Acer. Anyway is there a tutorial on how to do this transition. I am able to do the Del button and get a CMOS Setup Utility and there is where I am at. Can anyone please help me get this changed over in simple terms. I think it would be best just to install LibreELEC but I have no idea how to this on this type of setup as I do not recognize any thing.

Edited once, last by chester#1: Read a few more posts and decided I need to change my request. (June 6, 2020 at 10:50 PM).

• Actually, looking at the specs, the Atom D525 processor is 64 bit capable, and in this machine it is coupled with Nvidia ION2 graphics hardware. On that basis, at least, the hardware is capable of running LibreELEC perfectly well. (I have the same basic platform in my older LE machine.) However, as I read it, you really need someone on the forum to help you through the process. Personally, I genuinely don't have the time (flat out with work and part-time carer). But if successful, you should have a reasonable experience with the harwdare. It is perfectly capable of playing Blu-ray rips, for example.

Edited once, last by S80_UK (June 9, 2020 at 9:13 AM).

• All I want is for this to be my NAS system It was where I had all of my external hard drives with all my movies and if I wanted to watch a specific movie I would use one of my Android box, go to that named computer pick out my movie and watch. That is all I need from this unit.

• There are both 32bit boxes with Intel graphics only, and 64bit boxes with an Nvidia GPU.

From here, I cannot tell which one OP's box is.

I went from the description. I looked up the Veriton VN282G - it has the D525 Atom with ION2 and the D525 is also mentioned by the OP. I have that CPU and graphics on an Asus ITX board (and I know that combination works with current LE), therefore it's highly likely this particular Acer Veriton can also work, even if it's an old platform and perhaps not supported in major updates in the future.

All I want is for this to be my NAS system It was where I had all of my external hard drives with all my movies and if I wanted to watch a specific movie I would use one of my Android box, go to that named computer pick out my movie and watch. That is all I need from this unit.

In your first message you implied that you wanted it as a player (moving from the old OpenELEC to LibreELEC). Now you seem to be suggesting a different use case where the player is an Android box of some kind, and the PC is hosting the storage for that player. Depending on the storage type, amount, number of movies, etc, that could require a different approach, and LibreELEC on the Acer box may not be the best way forwards (it's primarily a media player, not a storage manager, after all). For using the Acer box as a NAS you could look at FreeNAS or something (not that I have any experience of it), but given your apaprent lack of experience I would be reluctant to push you in that direction.