Incorrect Channel Mapping with Multichannel OGG Playback

• Installed LibreELEC on a friends Raspberry Pi 4 and ran into an issue. I copied a lot of multichannel 5.1 movies & music with audio formats AAC, OGG & FLAC that all play properly on my Pi 3 with OSMC, but on my friends Pi4 with LibreELEC the channel mapping with any audio formats that the receiver converts to PCM are completely screwed up. If a log file is needed I'll get one but in the meantime is there quick fix for this?

Thanks!

Edited 3 times, last by jz1276 (June 13, 2020 at 8:08 AM).

• Installed LibraELEC on a friends Raspberry Pi 4 and ran into an issue. I copied a lot of multichannel 5.1 music in OGG format for him that play properly on my Pi 3 with OSMC but the channels are all mixed up when played back on his. If a log file is needed I'll get one but in the meantime is this quick fixable a known issue? BTW, the channel mapping is FL / C/ FR / SL / SR / LFE. Thanks!

There are reports of 5.1/7.1 PCM audio channel mapping issues elsewhere too.

• So I've been at my friends who I sent up the R Pi for messing with the settings and just can't seem to get these multichannel music files playing back correctly.

This is a pretty old feature as I've been playing back multichannel music in multiple formats for years now. Like you said Noggin, there are PCM audio channel mapping issues as AAC, FLAC & ogg (Vorbis) files are recognized as PCM on receivers.

Can you guys help out with a fix for this please? Thank you,.

Edited once, last by jz1276 (June 13, 2020 at 8:02 AM).