Posts by jz1276

My friend has been admiring my Pi with Kodi for awhile & so I helped him build his own. I have the Pi 3B+, which I know is not capable of passing through the HD audio codecs (DTS-MA / Dolby TrueHD). However, he purchased Model 4B which I thought was capable of passing through HD audio. I assumed it would work out of the box after setting up the SD card with NOOBS & the latest version of LibreELEC, but in Kodi audio settings DTS-MA & DolbyTrueHD capable receiver aren't there. I know his receiver is capable of HD audio so I'm not sure where to go from here. Can you guys point me in the right direction to get this working for him? Thanks!

So I've been at my friends who I sent up the R Pi for messing with the settings and just can't seem to get these multichannel music files playing back correctly.

This is a pretty old feature as I've been playing back multichannel music in multiple formats for years now. Like you said Noggin, there are PCM audio channel mapping issues as AAC, FLAC & ogg (Vorbis) files are recognized as PCM on receivers.

Can you guys help out with a fix for this please? Thank you,.

Installed LibreELEC on a friends Raspberry Pi 4 and ran into an issue. I copied a lot of multichannel 5.1 movies & music with audio formats AAC, OGG & FLAC that all play properly on my Pi 3 with OSMC, but on my friends Pi4 with LibreELEC the channel mapping with any audio formats that the receiver converts to PCM are completely screwed up. If a log file is needed I'll get one but in the meantime is there quick fix for this?

Thanks!