4K 10@L5@Main video stutters/jams on intel 8th gen graphics

• Hello,

I have a small HTPC made of (almost) all-in-one motherboard with N3150 quad core celoron with integrated 8th gen intel graphics. The OS behind is the latest version of LIbreElec of course. I`ve got the system for about 5 years and so far all the media formats (full HD, differennt audio formats etc) played without any issues, however now I tried the 4K video coded at HEVC (profile = 10@L5@Main) and the video is jamming/slowing down every second. On the Intel`s support page I read that H.265/HEVC @ level 5 (GPU accelerated) is supported so if I`m reading it correctly also the content I was trying to play shall be decoded. Have you had similar issues? What is the solution?

I`going to post here the log/info from the HTPC itself but later on - unfortunately I`m unable to do it now.

Thank you in advance

• Official Post
    Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • As noone else answers and seeing the 100% cpu utilization during the layback I`m prone to believing that the 8th gen intel integrated graphics doesn`t support the video format. I`ll replace the board with newer model with J4105 celeron that should support the format (at least what they are saying on Asrock site) and use the older MB for NAS build-up. Thanks for the answer smp