Posts by EmZet

I`ve checked the BIOS config and disabled speedstep - system freezes. Then cleared CMOS and left the default values there - system freezes. Now, I`m trying to get to the GRUB config, however can`t find it , or no string with "grub" in the filesystem (logged in via ssh as a root and hopefully lloking at root folder). Thing is that before the system was running 100% OK for 4 years straight so if I subtract HW issue, then it must be related with Libreelec Matrix. I` m going back to Jarvis/Leia or will try some other media center to see if it hangs also.

Sorry to hear that. If the suggestion from itisljar doesn't help, then you could buy something like this: RE: Intel true 10bits/HEVC/HDR support... ?

Thanks for your effort to help me. However this could be the "last resort" since I still like my silverstone case (it` is visually matched to my other audio components) and also I do have a bluray drive inside (though playing bluray discs in such configuration is a challenge for another forum :) . I`ll try to do somthing with power saving regimes as itisljar suggested (thanks itisljar for the suggestion, I`ve missed it somehow). So time to refresh my ssh skills :)

Hello, I don't think the re-coding would help since also because video/audio content crashes regardless of the format so far. Also, playing the same files was errorless while watching in Jarvis for example. I would go back to Jarvis if all the settings and content would be kept.

My backup plan is to use the hw for custom NAS and buy a new HW to do clean install of latest librelec/htpc solution on this more up to date components.

Update: After some dev conversation, it turned out that the above behavior is normal. It's very likely not the cause of system freezes.

Please rule out local network issues. To do so, disable network shares, and play something from USB.

Thanks for your efforts to solve my issue.

I guess I own you some info/configuration that freezes(beside hw info you see in the log):

System is htpc that for error testing is retrieving media from usb hdd connected directly. The audio is sent (i believe) in pcm format to my integrated amplifier which does the DAC functionality. The signal is sent from htpc to the amplifier via usb cable ( in the audio settings connection choice is alsa: amp name, usb inte, s/spdif)

I have checked settings in system/audio for the passthrough and regardless what the settings (passthrough enabled/disabled, output device is equal to passthrough, output device is usb inte; s/spdif and passthrough is digital).

Currently, system didn't freeze (by accident?) when audio settings were set back to defaults.

Please let me know if you need more info about the specs and settings as I don't want to overload you now.

Hello,

I have regular system crashes (no restart, just system freeze with inability to IP ping the HTPC ) when playing video files. For Librelec Krypton and Jarvis the same video files ran just fine, no system crashes whatsoever. I`m pasting the url for the logfile:

2021-12-02 06:32:14.237 T:864 INFO <general>: ----------------------------- - Pastebin.com
    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.
    pastebin.com

Can you please help?

Thanks

As noone else answers and seeing the 100% cpu utilization during the layback I`m prone to believing that the 8th gen intel integrated graphics doesn`t support the video format. I`ll replace the board with newer model with J4105 celeron that should support the format (at least what they are saying on Asrock site) and use the older MB for NAS build-up. Thanks for the answer smp

Hello,

I have a small HTPC made of (almost) all-in-one motherboard with N3150 quad core celoron with integrated 8th gen intel graphics. The OS behind is the latest version of LIbreElec of course. I`ve got the system for about 5 years and so far all the media formats (full HD, differennt audio formats etc) played without any issues, however now I tried the 4K video coded at HEVC (profile = 10@L5@Main) and the video is jamming/slowing down every second. On the Intel`s support page I read that H.265/HEVC @ level 5 (GPU accelerated) is supported so if I`m reading it correctly also the content I was trying to play shall be decoded. Have you had similar issues? What is the solution?

I`going to post here the log/info from the HTPC itself but later on - unfortunately I`m unable to do it now.

Thank you in advance