NFS issue

• Hey all,

here is my problem,

I have 2 raspberry3 with Openelec. I use them for series and movies, stored on a Synology NAS accecced via NFS.

The libraries are stored in MySQL DB and sync between the two devices (setup in advancedsettings.xml)

It worked fine.

I recently moved to the last version of LibreElec and things went wrong.

On one install the videos thake so much time to start, about 1 or 2 minutes sometimes more, then I have this message in kodi.log :

ERROR: NFS: Failed to mount nfs share: (nfs service failed)

and the video starts, no problems for the following videos.

No problems at all on the second device.

Both are on the same subnet than the NAS, both ping the NAS.

I understand that the recommandation for NFS share is now to mount it on the system an access as local storage in Kodi.

Mounting network shares [LibreELEC.wiki]

But if I do this way will it be possible to keep the history in the library? Or the "local files" will be seen as new videos?

Thanks for your help

• Official Post

If you mount to the local filesystem all the paths change, so media is seen as new media and will need to be re-scraped. Read the wiki sections on exporting watched status first, so that it can be reimported again.

• You just need to browse for sources at Kodi and there you can select NFS as source. There is no need to manually mount it to the file system.

I have such setup since late OE days and it worked flawless since day one.

I know that but as explained each time I launch a new video I have to wait about 1 or 2 minutes before it starts

And each time I have this message :

T:1192227712 ERROR: NFS: Failed to mount nfs share: (nfs_service failed)

Then the videos starts

For exemple, with horodated log :

2020-05-06 21:53:41.253 T:1225749376 ERROR: NFS: Failed to mount nfs share: (nfs_service failed)

2020-05-06 21:53:41.439 T:1936691216 NOTICE: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: nfs://10.0.0.21/volume1/video/Series/<mySerie>/<MySeason>/<MyEpisode>

The following episodes starts immediatly

• Official Post

what do you use as NAS ? Maybe you use an old NFS version ?

also have a look if you have an advancedsettings.xml somewhere, maybe something messed up

with recent Kodi you have 99% of the time no need for advancedsettings.xml

• On one install the videos thake so much time to start, about 1 or 2 minutes sometimes more, then I have this message in kodi.log :

and the video starts, no problems for the following videos.

Hello Greenju!

You'r saying that you have two Installations but only one has thus behavior.

Hey Not trying to Backup the flawlessly working Install and restoreing it to the not working device?

Or do a Clean Install for Testing?

Then you See If it is a Software or Hardware issue faulty cable, Bad Signal etc.

If it is working fine after the restore you can Change IP etc and everything is fine.

Regards

Nicolas