Just switched from OpenELEC...

• Hi all, just signed up to the forum.

Been following this project recently and took the plunge yesterday with your 7.0.0 release. Clean install on my RPi3 and everything seems to be running perfectly. All the rest of my devices (and the dozens I look after for friends and familly) will follow shortly.

I was a long time user of OpenELEC and although it was great platform, I often found myself frustrated at the lack of communication and long wait times between Kodi releases. I know it is a bit rich to be complaining at something provided for free but that's the way it is.

As soon as I read LibreELEC's about page I was instantly sold. What you are claiming to do is exactly what I and many others have been looking for for a long time and I truely hope you can deliver the promise. Thank you for all your hard work, good luck for the future and my donation will follow at some point.

Edited once, last by nickrob84 (April 29, 2016 at 6:33 PM).

• Not a problem, this project is of great interest to me.

The only thing that concerns me (from the sponsorship page on the site) is the direction of LE8 towards gaming? Not sure if i'm following at all there.

• Krypton will bring the ability to run retroplayer games within the Kodi GUI. We're talking 90's and early 00's console games nothing hardcore. It simply adds another "centre of your living room" dimension to Kodi alongside Movies, TV and Music.

Ah ok, that makes a lot more sense and is reassuring to hear. It kind of read like you had plans to make a new games console or something!

• I also switched from open- to libre some weeks ago and so happy about it (stable, fast performing, memory saving) that i installed the 7.90.003 image. Here the real surprise started. My RPi3 run fast like an eagle and stable like a rock:-) Im using Israellive for TV and mostly Xstream for other Movie and Series Stuff and its real fun to use the new GUI of Kodi....all seems to work perfectly together, LibreELEC and the new Kodi Krypton. Thanks a lot for that perfect work, you made my life a bit brighter! Ill keep on reporting:-)

• I also switched from open- to libre some weeks ago and so happy about it (stable, fast performing, memory saving) that i installed the 7.90.003 image. Here the real surprise started. My RPi3 run fast like an eagle and stable like a rock:-) Im using Israellive for TV and mostly Xstream for other Movie and Series Stuff and its real fun to use the new GUI of Kodi....all seems to work perfectly together, LibreELEC and the new Kodi Krypton. Thanks a lot for that perfect work, you made my life a bit brighter! Ill keep on reporting:-)

matze54. Thanks for the kind words, but xStream is a pirate add-on. Please be aware we refuse all support to users of pirate add-ons.