How to disable IR support permanently?

• I want to get rid of the IR support in Kodi permanently, because I am using a FLIRC to control my Kodi system.

How can I achieve that?

I tried systemctl disable eventlircd.service, but that didn't do the trick.

My system:

Intel NUC8i7HVK with LibreELEC 9.2.2

• What you want is

systemctl mask eventlircd.service

that disables that service permanently at startup (does not stop it just disables auto start )

to enable it again

systemctl unmask eventlircd.service

• After experimenting a bit it seems to me that the IR support is not completely disabled masking only eventlircd.

I am using a Xbox 360 Media Remote (the older white one) in connection with a FLIRD 2nd gen. The On/Off button is configured to call the Shutdown menu of KODI. That works flawlessly when IR is disabled on BIOS level. But when IR is active KODI is shutdown pressing the On/Off button . The Shutdown menu is only visible for a short moment.

Is there s.th. else running which has to be switched off to disable IR support completely?

• I still want to get rid of the IR support in Kodi permanently, because I am using a FLIRC to control my Kodi system.

What I don‘t want is to disable the IR receiver on BIOS level because I switch my NUC on using the builtin IR receiver.

• The easiest way is to disable the IR receiver kernel module. Check the output of "lsmod", on a NUC you should either see ite_cir or nuvoton_cir.

Then create a modprobe conf file to blacklist the module. eg

/storage/.config/modprobe.d/noir.conf

Code
    blacklist ite_cir

so long,

Hias