Unable to use YouTube plugin after LibreElec upgrade

• I have not used my LibreElec option for a while, but when I did it upgraded.

The Youtube plugin had an error so I tried reinstalling but it failed.

I have done a manual upgrade using LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2.1.img.gz, but it still fails when trying to install the plugin

The full log is here http://ix.io/2hQy

I wondered if these errors are the problem

• Just to add an update for this, I manually downloaded the latest version of the plug in 6.7 and that installed, but I have given up as I was not able to work out all the hoops to get a google outh api set of keys to go with it.

I think I will just stick to using Cast To Kodi for now. I think the Certificate error on the update list might need sorting though.

• Fresh installs now require your own API Keys.

I was not able to work out all the hoops to get a google outh api set of keys

For anyone who needs it, the installation instructions are provided here. Most problems are related to the following issues:

1) If you want to generate API keys, you must sign-in with a Google account. (If you already have a Google account, you may want to create a separate account for Kodi).

2) If the YouTube add-on does not work, verify that the API Key / API Id / API Secret are typed exactly as shown on the APIs & services page of your Google account.

Just for reference, there is an open source YouTube client for Android which does not require API keys.

NewPipe - a free YouTube client

• Just for reference, there is an open source YouTube client for Android which does not require API keys.

Everyone that uses the APi needs api keys, ofc you could include them into the addon. But like we already saw they expire really quick due the amount of users.