Rpi4 5.1 dtshd plyaying centre channel through front right

• Hi,

Set up Libre elec on Rpi4i. I have a pioneer amp, turned pass through off and set to 7.1.

7.1 passed as pcm is fine but when it attempts to send a 5.1 lossless movie no sound comes from the centre channel and comes from the front right speaker. Any ideas.

Also, which frame rates should I whitelist for UK. Amp only supports up to 1080p.

Thanks for your help in advance.

• Missing HD audio is a known issue on RPi's. Having partially audio is a sign of an overload at the RPi data bus to me. So this issue might never be fixed due to hardware limitations.

Some TV's have S/PDIF or TOSLINK audio output. If you go RPi -> TV -> Amp, then you could have 4K, if supported by your TV.

• Hi,

I was coming to open the same issue on my RPi4. It's not linked to HD audio but to PCM conversion : Since LibreElec 9.2.1, audio converted to PCM has mixed front channel i.e. center channel is randomly played on left, right or center speaker. Playing the same file several times in a row will get a different front speaker to get the center channel...

Here is a debug file : http://ix.io/2hgx

On this log, I'm playing the same video with eac3 audio 4 times. As I don't allow eac3 passthrough, audio is converted to PCM.

The 2 first plays, center channel were on the right speaker, 3rd play it was on the left (might be left then right, I don't remember for sure but it was not center :)) and the 4rth play was the good one with center channel on center speaker.

Juste pausing a video can make the channel to switch speaker.

I reproduced it with eac3 and aac audio.

Edited once, last by Mirgolth: typos (April 13, 2020 at 5:33 PM).