Libreelec Audiophile Version

• Hi,

You are really playing in another class... :)

I'm just using this: UDA1334A connected to the RPi3B+ digital sound lines (I2S), with a good amplifier and a pair of old JBL floorstanding speakers.

I wanted something better than the RPi built-in audio-out connector...

• Because of the Windows driver it's a tinker project. I would solder connectors onto the speaker contacts to avoid that driver.

With a frequency switch you could also use the subwoofer. If you don't want to invest the time, bring it back downstairs.

Unlike when I bought them there’s a YT video for everything

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I’ll give this a go over the weekend. Funny thing. The law of unintended consequences kicks in here. I remove the last excuse for anyone having to get off their ass to interact with the system. No manual controller. Kodi remote on all the phones and upstairs will refuse to part with the Companion 5 which I might add is older than the lot of them. I’d forgotten how good it sounded too.

Hi,

You are really playing in another class... :)

I'm just using this: UDA1334A connected to the RPi3B+ digital sound lines (I2S), with a good amplifier and a pair of old JBL floorstanding speakers.

I wanted something better than the RPi built-in audio-out connector...

That’s the great thing about LE on the RPI. So many possibilities. I’m not great at the tidy up phase of projects. Boards and trailing wires hanging off my media FrankenBox 😂

Edited once, last by petediscrete: Merged a post created by petediscrete into this post. (March 23, 2023 at 12:41 PM).