PI4 duplicate video HDMI output

• Hi!

I'm working on a project that uses a Raspberry Pi 4 and LibreELEC. For this project, I'd need to have a duplicated video output through the HDMI ports: the first one is connected to a 7" touchscreen used to control the interface, the second to a pair of video googles.

I know that this is easily feasible using Xorg and xrandr, but as LibreELEC does not run with an X server on the Pi version, I'd like to know if there's another way. Maybe by duplicating the output of the framebuffer?

I'm open to all possible solutions as long as I can keep the Kodi experience with LibreELEC management (especially for Bluetooth, WiFi and so on ; meaning I'd like to avoid having to use a desktop like Raspbian).

Thanks for your ideas!

• Official Post

Kodi does not support output to multiple devices and there is no no support for it in LE (unless handled in hardware, e.g. old laptops). If you want to explore this in any way you'll need to stick with Raspbian.

• Ok, that's what I feared. Thanks for your answer!

Is there a possibility to have Kodi run on Xorg instead of framebuffer directly while keeping the rest of LE intact? And if not, do you know if some of the bluetooth control logic that's implemented in LE could be transposed to Raspbian?

• What I mean is that the way we can pair bluetooth devices in LE through the interface is very convenient compared to the hassle it is under Raspbian and if there was a way to keep that convenience even under Raspbian, that would be awesome.