Hauppauge PCI-e Tuner with IR Receiver ?

• Yea it didn't create a new input device, so maybe it's just not possible with this card :(

Thanks for your help. Atleast these modules show up in dmesg so that is something, at least we are on the right track :)
    I will try installing ubuntu server and experiment to see if I can get ir receciver detected and report back.

• I recently installed my Hauppauge HVR-1250 into a Ubuntu 16.04 and decided to try the IR. I ordered a IR receiver and plugged it in, after 2 days of trying to get it to work I finally noticed that I plugged it into the 1/8 inch audio input not the 1/16 inch IR input! :idea: Now to order from Hauppauge since they seem to be the only ones that sell receivers with the correct plug.

I think that was my problem, however I did notice that installing lirc and doing lirc-setup that all of the correct files ended up in the correct Linux places. It turns out that almost all of the tuts are wrong in one way or another.

My dmesg is very different re the IR

I will try to get back later.
    dmesg no lirc installed

• I recently installed my Hauppauge HVR-1250 into a Ubuntu 16.04 and decided to try the IR. I ordered a IR receiver and plugged it in, after 2 days of trying to get it to work I finally noticed that I plugged it into the 1/8 inch audio input not the 1/16 inch IR input! :idea: Now to order from Hauppauge since they seem to be the only ones that sell receivers with the correct plug.

I think that was my problem, however I did notice that installing lirc and doing lirc-setup that all of the correct files ended up in the correct Linux places. It turns out that almost all of the tuts are wrong in one way or another.

My dmesg is very different re the IR

I will try to get back later.
    dmesg no lirc installed

What does this have to do with LibreELEC?

• Gujal said he was going to try it on Ubuntu server.

Also the plugs on the card don't change with OS.

Also I was under the impression, from gujal's reports, that the kernel support for the Hauppauge card was the same.

I had invested many hours searching for how to get the IR working, believe it or not, this thread is one of the more helpful.

I didn't think it was such a stretch.

• Here is dmesg same hardware libreelec 7.90.009. AMD PC , running on install USB DRIVE, Hauppauge HVR-1250. notice kernel lirc is invoked.

Still have not got correct cable for the IR.

HFRW