request: libreelec installable in raspbian that will play hevc x265

• request for libreelec for raspbian buster with x265 capability.

i know libreelec is made to run on rpi but thought since you are the only 1's smart enuf to make kodi on pi4 run x265 maybe you might a version of libreelec built to run in raspbian desktop.

when i ask anywhere on freenode all i get is kodi for raspbian butch is vanilla.

this is utterly ridiculous seeing that 1 of the big selling points of the pi 4 is its hardware ability to run x265 and 4k.

• LibreELEC is an OS not an app. You need to ask the Pi Foundation developers to use the same patch-set as LE when they create Kodi for Raspian. It is not something we can do. The Pi folks know all about our patch-set - they authored half of it.

• I currently have Raspbian Buster running Kodi 18.5 without a problem. Kodi can also autostart when Raspbian is booted (do a bit of Googling on that). Perhaps it all takes a few more seconds to start up, but after that, the RPi4 is running 24/7, and playing hevc videos if necessary.

Kodi 18.5 is available via the Buster default repository, so installing it is not a major problem. They are just a little late with updating to 18.6.