Intel NUC 8i flickering display watching Sat-TV

• Hello

I'm searching for NUC (or particularly: NUC_8i3) owners to exchange some experience.

I'm owning my i8-Nuc for ~3 month and see every ~60s recuring artefacts (?) mostly in the moving part of a picture watching Sat-TV.

I also saw crashes with LE 9.2., 9.2.x and nightly, but without an hint how to reproduce.

the crashes come and go, means: sometimes, over 6 h SAT-TV, I do not get a single one.

debug log/ bug report:

Kodi crashes watching Sat-TV · Issue #17531 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

When I start the nuc for the first time of an day the pictures are first completely correct, but after some time (~5 minutes) I get this artefacts.

Strange is that I'm able to watch streaming TV (german mediathek, movie-res. 864x480) or 2-4k movies I downloaded without this artefacts or crashes.

I have never seen this with my old NUC (D34010WYKH).

what I have tried so far:

- played with all video related setting

- setup a hand configured nuc (no backup restore)

- set the lowest GPU freq. to 1050 (it lowered the artefacts somewhat)

my qestions are:

1. where is my problem ?

2a. is it hardware or software ?

2b. did I bought a "monday-device" ?

2c. what HW component (HDMI cable, RAM, digibit, LAN) to look at ?

3. what is your HDMI firmware version ?

month ago Intel released a version 1.77, but pulled it ~2 weeks ago and re-released 1.77 again

4a. would I see an sat-tv-picture at all, if the digibit, tvheadend or the LAN is unable to deliver an complete/error-free stream/content (?)

I guess there is some error correction build in and working (to some extent).

4b. would I then see a picture and would it declare the artefacts ?

my Setup:

- Telestar DIGIBIT R1 (refurbished, but flawless working since ~2 years) with standard FW

- cable directly from the sat dish into the digibit (no switches, etc.)

- TvHeadend for germany-sat-tv on the (same) NUC

- LAN connection

- HDMI connection

- Monitor: Philips 247E3LHSU

- Audio goes via HDMI into the monitor and at the headphone out to an 2.1 speaker system

Edited 2 times, last by GDPR-7: update info's regarding HDMI FW (March 29, 2020 at 9:08 PM).

• No, I was using what addon-search and -install has found after an clean install: 4.2 (in the addon.xml it's version is "9.2.0.121")

if unknown:

other way to find the version:

addon => my addons => Services => tvheadend... => read the top lines

• Hello GDPR-7 !

I Just saw that you are using LE nightly builds...

I am using official LE builds with TVH 4.2 with different Tuners (pcie, sat-ip) for years. Also different official TVH builds could be better than Others.

I had troubles and some hickups using nightlies of LE with TVH officials too.

Milhouse also builds TVH for his LE nightly builds. Take a Look here

Maybe another Option. If you still have troubles.

Regards

Nicolas

Edited once, last by Nicolas (June 25, 2020 at 2:33 PM).