I'm searching for NUC (or particularly: NUC_8i3) owners to exchange some experience.
I'm owning my i8-Nuc for ~3 month and see every ~60s recuring artefacts (?) mostly in the moving part of a picture watching Sat-TV.
I also saw crashes with LE 9.2., 9.2.x and nightly, but without an hint how to reproduce.
the crashes come and go, means: sometimes, over 6 h SAT-TV, I do not get a single one.
debug log/ bug report:
When I start the nuc for the first time of an day the pictures are first completely correct, but after some time (~5 minutes) I get this artefacts.
Strange is that I'm able to watch streaming TV (german mediathek, movie-res. 864x480) or 2-4k movies I downloaded without this artefacts or crashes.
I have never seen this with my old NUC (D34010WYKH).
what I have tried so far:
- played with all video related setting
- setup a hand configured nuc (no backup restore)
- set the lowest GPU freq. to 1050 (it lowered the artefacts somewhat)
my qestions are:
1. where is my problem ?
2a. is it hardware or software ?
2b. did I bought a "monday-device" ?
2c. what HW component (HDMI cable, RAM, digibit, LAN) to look at ?
3. what is your HDMI firmware version ?
month ago Intel released a version 1.77, but pulled it ~2 weeks ago and re-released 1.77 again
4a. would I see an sat-tv-picture at all, if the digibit, tvheadend or the LAN is unable to deliver an complete/error-free stream/content (?)
I guess there is some error correction build in and working (to some extent).
4b. would I then see a picture and would it declare the artefacts ?
- Telestar DIGIBIT R1 (refurbished, but flawless working since ~2 years) with standard FW
- cable directly from the sat dish into the digibit (no switches, etc.)
- TvHeadend for germany-sat-tv on the (same) NUC
- LAN connection
- HDMI connection
- Monitor: Philips 247E3LHSU
- Audio goes via HDMI into the monitor and at the headphone out to an 2.1 speaker system